Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what I think is a simple question. The motor is out of a '92 and was converted to carb. Has aftermarket coil and I believe aftermarket distributor as well. It's been completely rewired. The ditributor does not have a vacuum advance. I just replaced the coil because it went bad...and when I did that I noticed that the two wires coming off the distributor are both connected to the same side of the coil. My question is what are both these wires for and does anyone know why someone would've wired it up this way and is it correct??? Any help/thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Normally the distributor is connected to the neg side of the coil. Can't remember how mine is hooked up. The Pos side of coil is usually hooked to ignition wire.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep

You're right digger, the distributor is connected to the neg side of the coil. I guess I'm just trying to figure out why there are two wires and both are hooked up to the same side of the coil. Just looks a little odd to me. Like one should be pos and one should be ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts