Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking up deleteing my egr. Seen alot of posts about this.
So Can I just make a back plate drill some holes in it make a gasket out of rtv and cap it? I would also block off any vaccum hoses etc.
I was looking at other forums and they say that when my car notices the egr is disconnected it will run the code and it will disabled any egr function. So if I dont care about a check engine light because I dont have one and the extra codes dont bother me do I need anything else?
I have no smog pump but thats always been gone. Thanks again

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ive been looking up deleteing my egr. Seen alot of posts about this.
So Can I just make a back plate drill some holes in it make a gasket out of rtv and cap it? I would also block off any vaccum hoses etc.
I was looking at other forums and they say that when my car notices the egr is disconnected it will run the code and it will disabled any egr function. So if I dont care about a check engine light because I dont have one and the extra codes dont bother me do I need anything else?
I have no smog pump but thats always been gone. Thanks again
i order a delete plate off of ebay for 10 dollars. my car runs alot better with it disconnected, i just removed the vacume line and caped it, i left the egr pluged in so i dont have any engine lights on

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My issue is my egr evp is wired into my tps. So I was thinking of just removeing and caping the egr and just leaveing the egr evp wires disconnected. but I dont have any lights on my dash to light up and I dont care if I have a code. As long as it does not effect how she runs. Kinda seems stupid to have a egr so the engine can suck its own exhaust. Might aswell clean up the engine bay by removeing it. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts