Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this problem has been getting worse until now it is barely drivable. It used to be that when I was decelerating or coasting (but still in gear) to a stop sign or stop light, the car would violently shudder (kind of like when you're first learning to drive stick), until I pushed in the clutch or shifted to a lower gear (as I slowed more, it would then begin again). Now it is doing it while driving, when I am not really "on the gas", such as to accelerate. Once again, if I push in the clutch or downshift, that seems to take care of it. The problem is evident when under really light acceleration as well.
Once again, the best I can describe it is as a "whole car shudder" (not a vibration or shake), such as learning to drive a stick shift for the first time.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
540 Posts
check your ingnition system, I.E plugs, wires, cap rotor, it seems your detonating will the engine is under load, although your not on the gas when the transmission is engaged your still putting some load on the engine, i would first start with ignition hope this helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there anything I can easily self-diagnose? I'm a relative novice when it comes to a lot of the mechanical inter-workings of a car, but I'm comfortable and have some experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.