Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped working wont move at all. well it will bounce if i hit it. lol. started her up went and checked the mail and it isnt working. worked fine last time I Drove her. its tugging in 1st and 2nd dont know if its related but I have code 67 but it wasnt doing this before. my gas guage works when it wants too. doesnt suprise me since theres a speaker wire leading to my gas tank. and my coolant guage doesnt work at all I have an aftermarket one. But my speedo has always worked fine. Where do I start? maybe it will work again after the rain dries up? lol I dont think im that lucky but instrument cluster? Im new to the stangs so whats common? Thanks

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I would check the speedo gear in the trans first. Its hooked to the end of the speedo cable

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so went to check the mail....... slamming grinding awful had to floor it to move her out of the driveway then tugging slamming through first secound and third when not flooring it. battery is also dead. had to put the pedal to the metal to get her the 1/4 mile home. awful horrible day. ive never seen this before. im devistated please help.....

·
Registered
864 Posts
did you check the tranny fluid? are your RPM's high when your try to move?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I havent checked the fluid. I will tomorrow. yes I have to keep my foot on the pedal to stop the bucking tugging stuff. Its odd I started and drove the car the other day she was fine. Then no speedo the next day I started her. Then an hour before it did this I backed her out of the driveway fine and moved her to work on another car No speedo but nothing like this. Ive decided to jack her off the ground tomorrow and look everything I can over. This really scares me.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
started it today let it warm up to 160 it has no therm so it took awhile. drove it no buccking or tugging but still no speedo my gas gauge also started working. I dont know. I swear this car is alive and loves to piss me off. I havent had a chance to check the fluid but it looks like the rear shaft seal is leaking going by the tranny fluid on my mufflers. Im going to look for the seal next time im out. does anyone know off hand what type of fluid this thing takes? its a t5 I beleive. going by the door panel. Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.