Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be buying a 86 Mustang Lx here soon,its the 3.8 v6 and I cant find parts for it anywhere including the new hoods,the only one's ive found so far fit the 87 and up.Can the 87 hoods fit on the 86?And where can I go for my Engine needs because I want to make this thing fast.

Thank you for your time,
And I hope you guys can help me.
Tyler Meador

·
Registered
8 Posts
change the front fenders did on my sons 84 it know has a 91 fenders and hood. what engine do wish to install in your car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So buy 91 fenders and i could fit a 91 hood on it? And as the engine,I really dont know,yet,Im 18 and just really getting into cars and american muscle. Is there one that you would perfer?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
If your looking for used parts, try MPS Auto Salvage they carry from 1985-2008 Mustang Parts. Their number is ( 800-236-1156 ), Their web site is, www.mpsautosalvage.com, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
8 Posts
will myself i pefer the big block ford 429.460 can build a decent running engine run in the 11 seconds day after day with no problem i have two with 460's both run in the 11's turn around 6400 rpm all the equipment you need to install into your car is out there. use either the c-6 or c-4 i have both.if you use a c-6 the overdrive driveline will fit change the end c-4 same driveline. find a set of 1968 to 1971 heads and install them work well camshaft solid lifter flat tappet in the .600 lift or go with a roller cam if you have alot of money. but to be simple easy done the 5.0 alot of stuff for mit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.