Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently had an engine swap in my 86 mustang.. i got a 2.3l turbo coupe motor installed... anyways, the first day i got it back it was mint.. the turbo pulled you back into your seat.. the next day, i was merging onto the highway, and it seemed like the power just dissapeared.. ever since that it doesnt pull that hard.. it still gets up to 15psi, and you can still hear it spool, but it seems theres not as much power... any i deas on what it could be..? thanks

·
Registered
960 Posts
is it a 5spd if so then it may be the clutch slipping because it would increase the rpms fast and you wont get much torque my 86 TC has this problem.

·
Registered
960 Posts
hum i wonder if the torque converter is going bad??? here when you get it up to 3500-4000 rpms and the boost is hitting when you realize your rpms start to skyrocket let off the gas a little see if the rpms drop like 1000 thats what happend with my 86.

·
Registered
654 Posts
how much hg. in. vacuum are you getting? i had this problem and it was a vacuum leak @ the brake booster.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
what does fuel pressure do with boost? Does it increase? Steady? Drop?

Check your ignition timing to see if something changed there. It should be 10* BTDC with the SPOUT disconnected. When it is reconnected, see if the timing has advanced to near 30* BTDC

·
Registered
654 Posts
do you know how the swap was done? fuel pump, ecm, map sensor, vane air meter? or did they use a megasquirt or different system?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.