Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so here recently i picked up an 87 GT automatic for 500 bucks. The guy i bought it from said that itd been sitting for four months cause he could not get it to run. So i looked it over and desided to hand over the money figuring if i couldnt get it running could part it out and make my money back. So the next day I go out and spend 15 minutes on it and get her running. I drained the old gas and put a new igniton switch and seloniod on it and she fired right up first try.
Now she is idling very bad and is over loading pretty bad as well. Ive tried to pull the codes from the ECU with no luck, i do realize that i have to use a test light on this year model. I also tried the salt and pepper plugs, and replacing a bunch of the sensors and such not because thats the way i like going at it but because i couldnt get the codes and all the ones i replaced came with the car apparently the guy bought them and just lost interest. So i pulled the ECU to make sure no connections where lose and all that good shat. but when i pull it out i noticed that it said A9P on it, is that the right ECU for a SD motor cause i could of sworn that, that was the ECU that people use for the automatic to switch them over to a MAF style metering?
any help or opinions would be great thanks guys

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep thats the procedure that ive used several times. i went thru the whole check list as ive done on several other times to fix this type of problem thats why i was asking about it being the correct ECU

·
Registered
617 Posts
It's the right ecu. Check the ect sensor. If it's bad or disconnected that can cause a no code condition.
Also check the self test port wiring and make sure it's just not a bad wire there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts