Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey

i have a 5litre 78 falcon and was lookin for a 87-92 gt 5litre engine and 5 speed gearbox. i just had couple questions about the engine the 1st question is i saw the specs and it said its like 225 hp at 4,000rpm. this seems rather low revs does anyone know what they really rev at? and 2nd question is about stroking the engine to 351. with clevelands all you need to do is get 351 crank and rods then your pretty much set. is this same with the windsor 5litre engine or do u need other mods?

cheers

·
Registered
141 Posts
the bigest u can stroke a 302 is 2 a 347 im pretty sure that what i did unless u bore it more then .30 over

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
A stock one will pull up to about 5 grand.
The American 302/5.0 is a Windsor engine. In Australia, however, they had a 302 Cleveland as well as the 351C. Is your Falcon a Cleveland?
You can put Cleveland heads on a Windsor block, but it takes work and you run into intake problems. I once saw an article in Super Ford where they adapted a 400M(a Cleveland variant)crankshaft into a Windsor block, probably a 351.

·
Registered
141 Posts
.030 over is the normal for cleaning the cylender walls if there is lots of wear sometimes u need to go .040 over if the motor was beat. id say .030 and .040 over is safe on a stock block as for my motor reving out when it was stock it was around 5 grand and then it ran out of power now with my cam and head and intake and my compression being so high it revs to about 6300. the cam experiences valve float at 6500 and at 6300 is wear it fells like its a good place to shift i need to trow it on a dyno to see whats what for reall but yeah that where i shift.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
o ok cool. yeah its cleveland my falcon. ye i wasnt thinmin of using clevo parts on windsor motor well seems good its alot more power then wat the stock clevelands have so should be good :D mustangs r too overpowered hehe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.