Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello out there! Im new to the forums, i dont own a mustang YET. Due to the weather restricons here in north dakota, my mustang project is delayed until spring, so i have about 6 months to fully educate and plan my dream car. Im budgeting myself about 10-12 grand. I wanna use a 87-93 body style on it. I would really like a 351 windsor stroked up to to a 408. Could i swing a supercharger too with my budget? Im not a mechanic in any means of the word, so in all likely hood i'll be paying someone to build the "total package." How much will i have to pay for labor do you think? I wanna use this as a street/strip racer, i still need to drive it every day, but i have every intention of running 11 flat or lower. Id like to have a manual tranmission. By the sounds of it, 3.73 gears are gonna be my best bet. Seeing as a i will be doing some highway, but more city drving. Bassically i am asking for a "recipe" or plans/ideas for my mustang with a budget between 10-12 grand. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
579 Posts
If your not doing the labor you won't get much for $10k. Supercharger alone will be $2500 and someone will charge another $1500 for installation and a tune. Your at $4000 if your lucky and not even startred on the motor which you can get a crate engine at $4000 from Ford but by the time you get the brakets and the labor your at another $2000 probably. Now your at $10k and really only have $5000 worth of parts but because you can't build a engine or install anything your busting out of cash fast. Your better off getting a car that is completed of what you want and get the completed car for under $7000 and enjoy it right from the start. Like they Say ...One Mans Lose is another Mans Gain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmmmm, i guess im gonna have to get some gearhead friends to help me with this, sadly they are all 1500 miles away back in buffalo. Saying that i have some friends help me with all the assembly and such; How much cash would i save if i got a junkyard 351 block and then ordered the rest of the parts needed and we assembled them and all that. A big thing that i am kinda lost on is the transmission. Is a c4 good? what exactly is it? My buddys got a 89 (i think) with a 351 and a c4. I think hes runnin 3.55 gears he said. Should i go with a stick, i like driving them ALOT more. Also whats a good supercharger to go with a 351? Id really rather having someone i can trust build me a performance vehicle, because lets face it, a street/strip car is gonna have some serious wear and tear prolly. If i have to pay the extra buck i will, i want this beast to last a while. Thanks for the response too! plz keep em comin!

·
Registered
103 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.