Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know what it would take to do the swap, if anyone knows. It's a complete motor and tranny with all the wiring. I know I'll have to have another drivline made. The mustang now has 4 speed with O/D, but the turbo motor has an auto which I would like to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Make sure to get the computer to go with car also the vam. Driveshaft of Mustang will work if auto also. Some wiring will be necessary will give info pm today got to go to work. Maurice

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Now got some time to read more. The 82 Mustang has a OD automatic. I was under the impression the 82 Mustang 2.3 had c-3. If so will need driveshaft.
The turbocoupe motor trans is a A4LD which means you need a driveshaft from 87 to 93 Mustang 2.3 auto driveshaft.
Now for wiring. It going to be a challenge since the 82 is non efi which is carb. Please correct me if wrong.
If it is carb. You will need a efi gas tank. Which I think a later efi tank can be modified to fit. You will also need to run another fuel line. I recommend finding a donor efi 2.3 and get tank and fuel lines. Will need to add wiring to fuel tank to run the fuel pump.
Going from memory look at a 2.3 non turbo efi engine and look at fuel rail lines on engine and compare to the turbocoupe ones. May need to use the 2.3 non turbo efi ones on the turbocoupe ones. Now to help more read at this link. It should help more.
TurboFord.org Forums: 2.3T swap into an 79-86 Fox mustang Write-up help needed
Maurice

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help

I'm gonna try to find a donor tbird. Shouldn't be to hard. I know of a few 2.3 auto mustangs, so the drive line is covered. As for the rearend, my mustang came stock with a 2.3 with a 5 speed / 4 speed w/ O/D. Do you think the rear would hold up to the turbo or should I look for the rearend out of a 5.0. Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how it turns out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts