Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey - I have an 87GT V8 and don't know much about repair. My A/C Compressor pully froze and after calling a lot of repair shops and Parts dealerships, the majority have recommended either replacing the whole A/C Compressor for an arm and a leg, or shortening the belt to by-pass it. I don't have a lot of money to spend, but I love my Mustang and in a few months can aford a new part. In the meantime, is it possible to by-pass the A/C Compressor without causing damage and if so, what size belt do I get? Help me...I love my car!:sosad:

·
Registered
40 Posts
i would recommend getting a piece of long ribbon and measuring around where the new belt will go, then take the length (and make sure you count the number of ribs on the belt) to a local parts store. I have an SN95 so its a little different but i found the size i needed at NAPA.

·
Registered
273 Posts
dude he is wut u do take the a/c pump out and move the power steering up and get the a/c delete kit for like 35 bucks on 50resto.com i did it myself and you take the smog pump out to and u will need a 72 inch belt .

·
Registered
375 Posts
BRINGING IT BACK.??? Does anyone know what size belt, part#, or measurments with the Ford racing ac delete kit.

ITs moving the power steering pump up and im leaving the smog pump.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
BRINGING IT BACK.??? Does anyone know what size belt, part#, or measurments with the Ford racing ac delete kit.

ITs moving the power steering pump up and im leaving the smog pump.

Thanks
Sounds like it'll be the same setup as a non-AC car, Nick. If you delete the smog pump, then it'll be different.
I'd say go to the parts store, and tell 'em you need a belt for an '85-'93 5.0 with no AC. Check with them, and see if they'll let you return it if it doesn't fit, but I think it will.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I have the Ford AC delete kit and you just get a belt for a non AC car. Since you're in Fresno, call BBK, California Mustang, Central Coast Mustang, or any good aftermarket supplier. They should have it for you.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanks for the input guys...

Good day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.