Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So..i have an 88 2.3l 4 cyl automatic in excellent condition..only has 46k original miles, picked it up for $350. Thing is i want more power but dont have 5k to spend on a new one with a v8 already in it..i was wondering how hard it would be to swap everything out and what would it take? Help me out please, Adam

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah ive read that before but im just looking for the basics..like will everything fit if i get a parts hatchback and convert everything over to my coupe..like suspension and sway bars and will a 302 fit and if i have to change out the wiring harness..stuff like that thats all

R

·
0 Posts
everything will swap over and you need all the wiring from the 5.0 including the computer....

·
Registered
7 Posts
i just did the swap from a 3.8L V6 to a 5.0L HO...its not as simple as you think. i had to take everything from the donor car( engine, tranny, driveshaft, wiring harness, ECU and the wiring harness under the dash). the engine harness might be different and not plug right into the 4cyl dash wiring...check into it before you go ahead with the swap.. also you'll need the exhaust system off the v8 donor car because chances are it wont bolt up to the 4 cyl one and even if it did it wouldn't be sufficiant enough to move the air that a v8 makes. my v6 exhaust didnt even bolt up properly. as for all the vacuum lines on the v8 label them before you take them off and make your life ALOT easier....Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.