Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have a mustang 5.0 mustang fox body automatic or my brothers 96 mustang GT convertible, he got a cobra, he got a cobra. witch ever one i choose i keep and the other gets sold.

whats better

·
Registered
313 Posts
i currently have a mustang 5.0 mustang fox body automatic or my brothers 96 mustang GT convertible, he got a cobra, he got a cobra. witch ever one i choose i keep and the other gets sold.

whats better
I think you should keep the fox. The fox is lighter than the 96 gt. Also, the fox is a lot cheaper when it comes to buying parts.

The 96 does not have a 5.0, it has a 4.6L DOHC. Sell that 96 and get busy with the foxbody!!:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i just hate the fact that they dont have as many performance parts, and i can get the cobra but i dont want to take it from my brother so ill just let him keep it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Or keep the fox, sell the 4.6 and get a nice street/strip converter, sticky tites and some suspension amd youll keep up with the manuals:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Your going to get very biased answers here so I will also say keep the fox and you can beef you that auto of your cheaper than swapping over to a manual.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'm not against 4.6L cars. I think there are some really nice new edge and sn95 cars out there. But the 96 is the most anemic mustang built since the early 80's. It's just a bad year for the 4.6...keep the fox.:bigthumbsup

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
the 96 is a much better driving, braking, handling car, not to mention the interior is far better than a Fox..a PI swap will easily boost the HP to a respectable level...
sell the Fox

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Asking on the 5.0 section is going to get you 5.0 answers, asking on the 4.6 section will probably get you 5.0 answers too :smartass:

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
I think you should sell them both and buy a Mustang II.:winks

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
these all help:bigthumbsup haha its just you dont see many foxbodys out there that are taken care of i might just switch it to manual

·
Registered
98 Posts
its cheaper to build up a 5.0 but I like the sn95 bodys better. You could always sell them both and buy a 94-95 gt and get the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
i agree with 2many stangs. keep the 96, sell the fox and do a PI swap on the 96 to boost the hp to new edge 4.6L hp and torque levels

1 - 14 of 14 Posts