Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5.0 that has a number of go-fast additions. The car body is a 88 GT but the computer has a part number of: E9ZF-12A650-D2A

There is an attached motorsport module part number of: E8ZM-12A582-B32

The motor does have a MAF in place of the 88 speed density setup.

I think the engine has a GT 40 with cast iron heads build kit installed.

Questions:
Does the 89 computer add anything except driving the MAF?
Is the 89 computer the standard 89 model?
What does the motorsport module do?
What rear wheel HP should I expect? :dunce:

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
E9ZF is a 89-93 EEC

The E8ZM part is the FMS Mass Air conversion kit and it is used to adapt the harness between the old SD EEC harness and the new E9ZF Processor.

Without a list of mods its hard to guess hp numbers, if its a GT40p headed block with a good intake and cam around 270-300 hp at the flywheel are possible.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
What makes you think it has GT40 heads ? If you look on the head at the bottom or with the valve cover removed it should say GT40 or GT40P

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GTRaptor said:
E9ZF is a 89-93 EEC

The E8ZM part is the FMS Mass Air conversion kit and it is used to adapt the harness between the old SD EEC harness and the new E9ZF Processor.

Without a list of mods its hard to guess hp numbers, if its a GT40p headed block with a good intake and cam around 270-300 hp at the flywheel are possible.
Thanks for the response. Sorry if you get this twice. New user. This motor was built several owners ago and I'm trying to figure out what's there. The block has E7TE and CA9. A rep from Ford Racing said that the block was a 1987 truck block but that the Mustang and Truck blocks are interchangeable. He didn't know what the CA9 was. Do you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GhostDog 5.0 said:
What makes you think it has GT40 heads ? If you look on the head at the bottom or with the valve cover removed it should say GT40 or GT40P
The previous owner said so. I haven't had the engine apart so I can't confirm the GT 40 stampings. The engine has the 79-93 dual sump oil pan kit. It has the 89 MAF and computer with change-over board, The Upper intake Manifold looks like the intake used on the GT 40 kit. It has shorty headers. What else could I check without taking the engine apart? The car runs 13.5 quarters so I know it's not stock 88 or even 89.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.