Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88 hatch. im pretty sure it was wrecked at one point, i can tell by the paint that the drivers door used to be red but it works great and doesnt leak. the passenger door is hard to open and leaks bad and doesnt sit on the hinge right. i put new hinge pins in it but its still hard to open and leaks worse. ive determined its the original door and i dont know what else to try and replace to get it to work right. heres some pictures of it

the first one is just to show you how much pa weather sucks :weeps

im not sure if the link will work, im new to photobucket, let me know

Pictures by prepkiller42090 - Photobucket

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Looks like a lot of rust in there. Try greasing the nylon bushing but you probably need to replace the hinges all together along with weather stripping. You may need to roll down the window and bend the door frame in a little. The twisting of these cars can cause quite a bit of damage over time.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. the nylon bushing, do u mean the striker bushing or the ones on the hinges? neither of my doors have a bushing around the striker but the drivers door latches perfectly. you can tell in the pics that the passenger looks like its kind of open buts as closed as it goes. do you think a bushing would pull it in tighter?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.