Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88 GT Cobra that I am looking at right now but can't make up my mind if the price is right or not. They are asking $15 000 Canadian for it and it has the following mods on a rebuilt motor with almost no km on rebuild. Any suggestions on price adjustment or weak points on car would be appreciated.

1. Holley System AK2 upper/lower intake
2. World products cast-iron heads (ported and polished)
3. Cometic MLS gaskets
4. Scorpion roller rockers 1.72
5. Forged pistons SRP
6. SCAT I beam connecting rods
7. Ford SVO Crankshaft
8. Edlebrock 70mm throttle body
9. BBK 70mm throttle body spacer
10. C and L 73mm mass air flow sensor
11. 9mm plug wires
12. Vortec supercharger (6-8psi boost)
13. MSD 6AL ignition module
14. Vortec/MSD boost retard controller
15. MSD blaster coil
16. Full-length headers (BBK)
17. Custom H-pipe with 2.5” Flowmaster 2 chamber mufflersx2
18. Sub-frame connectors
19. Drive shaft safety loop
20. 2” lowering springs
21. Tremec T-5 Manual Transmission (Brand new) aprox 2000km
22. Pro 5.0 power tower shifter
23. Clifford remote keyless entry and “alarm” (audio designs)
24. Ford Racing 3.73:1 Rear Diff (Crown and Pinion)
27. Adjustable pinion snubber

·
Registered
122 Posts
all that might be cool but how does the body look? does it look like its worth the money or is all the priceyness in the motor and trans? is the body rusty? is the interior crapped out? how does the paint look? what do the tires look like? look for other things that might cost you money after buying it because the motor and trans might outlast the car.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew I was leaving something out. The body is in good shape, no rust, paint is pretty good still (not perfect but up to par). As for the interior there is no major damage to any of the seats or carpet other that normal wear and the panels are (like the paint) not perfect but not too bad either (A few scuff marks and one small crack in the hatch area).

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
question is, is it a cobra? or is it a GT? (i dont think there is a gt cobra)

if its a cobra, youre paying for the value in that.

also, i think they made a typo in the ad. it should be a holley systemax 2 intake, incase you want to research it.

also, think about what the car is going to be used for. if it is for street driving, i wouldnt recommend it. it has a 2 inch drop, which is REALLY low... your going to scrape alot.

and 15,000 is way to high. period.

consider that i paid 1500 for my LX, and would come nowhere near the 15000 mark if i bought all the mods that "cobra" has. i would save your money, or talk him down big time.

probably whats keepin that car pricey is that tranny and s/c.
its up to you, sounds like a nice car really, but i think you could do better on your own with 15000 hard earned canadian dollars.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
All '84-'92 Canadian GTs were maketed and sold as "Cobra GT".

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
ah thanks.
learn somethin every day on these forums.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
systronic said:
question is, is it a cobra? or is it a GT? (i dont think there is a gt cobra)

if its a cobra, youre paying for the value in that.

also, i think they made a typo in the ad. it should be a holley systemax 2 intake, incase you want to research it.

also, think about what the car is going to be used for. if it is for street driving, i wouldnt recommend it. it has a 2 inch drop, which is REALLY low... your going to scrape alot.

and 15,000 is way to high. period.

consider that i paid 1500 for my LX, and would come nowhere near the 15000 mark if i bought all the mods that "cobra" has. i would save your money, or talk him down big time.

probably whats keepin that car pricey is that tranny and s/c.
its up to you, sounds like a nice car really, but i think you could do better on your own with 15000 hard earned canadian dollars.
Hey, thanks for the input. I was thinking it was pretty high and you made a good point about the drop it has on it. When I took it for a drive it handled very nice for a fox body but just the smallest little curb would make the exhaust scrape. So that is one thing I would have to change plus the guy has those stupid chrome things over the outside of the wheel wells which would have to go. I think I am going to forget about it and just continue working on the 88 GT that I already own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.