Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the engine out of a 66 into my 88, but since I'm no longer using the in-tank fuel pump I was wondering a good way to mod the tank to get a bottom style pickup you would find in the older cars before EFI was around. Any ideas?

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
If you are using the 88 tank with the efi pump you can get a fpr that will work for efi pump to carb.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I bought it from a guy who had a holly regulator and electric out of tank fuel pump, but he had butchered all the wiring so bad that it's easier to eliminate every EFI based wiring section than try and backtrack his steps and zip ties. Long story short, I can't draw fuel through the in tank EFI pump because it's not on, and I have no way of turning it on since there's no computer anymore. So I'm thinking cut a hole in the bottom of the tank and make my own place to connect a line based off the tank of a 68 cougar 351w? Should be simple, I just wanna find other ideas before I bust out some powertools

·
Registered
482 Posts
You might be able to buy the sending unit from a bottom feeder that would fit and solder it on the top ports of the stock sending unit, so you could still use stock lines, or just run some neoprene. My local rad/gas tank specialty shop did something of the sort for the sending unit on my first EFI to carb conversion, since the pickup tubes were longer on the older mustang sending units.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts