MSD/Crane ignition are fine
Timing is at 10 deg.
Fuel pressure is at 39 line off
A9L computer ( no sign of leakage or any burned circuit
New LMAF
NEW Walbro Fuel pump
New fuel filter
New ALT, and battery
I do have a Quaterhorse chip with a custom tune.
TPS is set at 0.98
IAC is cleaned and its not old

EGR is still present, but unhook, and all vacuum to unplugged/cap and solenoid on the passer side inner fender are disconnected and out of the car. The reservoir is still present and hook up.

Last time the car was running, the idle was surging and my AEM wideband was showing rich condition but the car was trying to correct the situation, you could be the needle trying to go leaner but its like something was against it and the car was bugging. Very weird

I shut it down, unplug battery overnight, came back in the morning and its were i'm at.

I reloaded my tune in my QH chip, same thing, then, I tried starting the car without the QH chip, and same thing, fuel pump stay on.

Now after reading what....100 pages on various forum etc....

Here's my future test:
ECC relay and fuel pump relay
Check ground all around
Check 12 volt at #1 ECU pin
Noid light at injectors
Check fuse link

What puzzle me, its beeing running ok with stoich on the wideband, and now.... no start....nothing.
I haven't it the street :(

Anyone can chime in on this damn problem!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Are you saying when you turn the key to the on position, the fuel pump stays on past the initial 2 second prime? This prime is computer controlled so either the computer is getting stuck in the prime command, or your pump is getting voltage from somewhere else.

In your post, you mention fuel in not getting to the cylinders, yet you have 39 psi. So your injectors aren't firing? Is that what is going on?

I realize that pulling codes now is probably useless, but it may tell you what is NOT the problem, therefore narrowing the list of potential causes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you saying when you turn the key to the on position, the fuel pump stays on past the initial 2 second prime? This prime is computer controlled so either the computer is getting stuck in the prime command, or your pump is getting voltage from somewhere else.

In your post, you mention fuel in not getting to the cylinders, yet you have 39 psi. So your injectors aren't firing? Is that what is going on?

I realize that pulling codes now is probably useless, but it may tell you what is NOT the problem, therefore narrowing the list of potential causes.
Yes, key at ON, fuel pump keeps priming and won't stop.

Yes 39 psi of fuel pressure no problem
Injector not firing thus I got 12 volt, I will go buy a noid light to check pulse.

Ived check volt at my ECU harness, I got power and ground no problem.
So right now, I will have to check both my relay to see if they are stuck open.
and i'm leaning toward a bad ECU...

·
Registered
831 Posts
I am fresh out of ideas. Sorry.

Careful if you plug in a new computer to your existing harness. If a short fried your current one, it may fry the new one too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am fresh out of ideas. Sorry.

Careful if you plug in a new computer to your existing harness. If a short fried your current one, it may fry the new one too.
I took the ecu apart, and there is no burned up circuit, well at least that I can see.
I see some water damage, but its not that bad, and the car haven't see any water since a long time....and the did run fine awhile with that ECU....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's my future test:
ECC relay and fuel pump relay: Both replace: Did not solve problem
Check ground all around: All ground are good and present
Check 12 volt at #1 ECU pin Got 12volt at ECU and good ground
Noid light at injectors: Both one, not yet tested
Check fuse link, All good

So next on my list is to get a another ECU

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought a new ECU that I will installed next week.

I found two similar post with the same trouble and both turn's out to by a bad ECU.

My present ECU is a used eBaY wonders...yep.....I found some water damage inside the ecu....nothing on the circuit bord is burned, but somewhat I think something must have give out :(

I will update with the new ECU later

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update:
First- ECU was part of my problem. My car did start fine, built up good vaccum (even with cam), seem prime, and stoich too, but after touching my dizzy to reset to 10 degree, the car when bad and absolutly no power, can't make it move at all, I press the gaz pedal and the car don't even rev up :(
It start fine, but can't move.
So I think my pip sensor or dizzy have gone bad. The injectors are firring like 1 out of 2 times.
So I order a brand new MSD billet distributor and see what will happen!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Since you got it started, you might want to pull codes and see if anything is flagged.

Have you had the distributor out during this process?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since you got it started, you might want to pull codes and see if anything is flagged.

Have you had the distributor out during this process?
The distributor have been in and out many time before. No its not 180 off. :yelwacko: The distributor has'nt been out since I switch the ECU

When I got the car running, its was running also perfect, and I touch the distributor to reset the timing correctly and since then its beeing acting weird. The TFI is brand new.

I tried to reset the ECU and cold start the next morning and same thing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I put a brand new MSD pro-billet dizzy, hook it up and same thing.
Can't set the timing, the injetor are not firring correctly seen like.

I just can't understand..... I started the car and was running fine, now its crappy, I can't event move the car on its own power!

The inertia switch??? I pressed it several time....with the car running with no change???

TPS read correct
and all the rest is new!
New O2
New ECT
New MSD Pro Billet
MSD/Crane ignition are fine
Timing is at 10 deg.
Fuel pressure is at 39 line off
A9L computer remaf
New LMAF
NEW Walbro Fuel pump
New fuel filter
New ALT, and battery
New procomp 50k coil
I do have a Quaterhorse chip with a custom tune.
TPS is set at 0.98
IAC is cleaned and its not old

I'm puzzle and its kinda personal thing now!!! I need to sell the car asap.

·
Registered
101 Posts
sounds like your quarterhorse is dropping its tune.Did you try loading the a different tune to all the slots?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sounds like your quarterhorse is dropping its tune.Did you try loading the a different tune to all the slots?
no, I reloaded the tune were I was sugested by the tuner.
I will have to check it more into it when I will work on the car next week.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Did you tune it yourself or did someone else do it?Can you datalog?The only reason i ask is because sometimes if i unplug my laptop from the car while still in BE and datalogging it will screw up the tune i just wrote and i'll have to reload it.When the tune screws up the fuel pump will run constantly and the car won't start.BTW I always load my tunes in mode 2,mode 1 dosen't seem to work for me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just to end this thread. ('cause I hate when searching and people don't update their thread if the problem was found or not)

Trouble was found.
My Crane was rev limiter was somehow screwded up.
The rev adjustement dial was like 1300rpm or something lower.
The only thing I overlooked :(

I found out when I had enough and took everything out and put a brand new carb swap in it.

Ran great carburated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts