Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is my first stang and I bought it from a dude that rebuilt the motor and I feel like this thing has a bunch of parts that dont complement each other. Here is the list of parts that I know of, please make suggestions.

GT40-P Heads with stock valves and valve springs (problem?)
Explorer upper and lower intake manifold

#19 Injectors

They look like stock headers but are 1.5 od

Sealed Power Pistons, not sure on type or compression but will do compression check tom.

BBK 70MM TB AND EGR SPACER

BBK CAI WITH 73MM MAF

MSD WIRES

NGK PLUGS

STOCK DISTRIBUTOR

ELECTRIC FAN

BBK H PIPE AND EXHAUST 2.5 INCH

CAM IS CUSTOM GRIND .525 lift at 1.6 222 intake and 226 exhaust the timing is set up at 112+4

Everything else is pretty much stock

The set up feels wrong not to metion that I keep droping cyclinders probably from burnt wire or the fact that the motor was running @ 235 for some time, but I did do a hydro carbon test and no head issues.

I have a feeling that the head may need to get better springs and the fuel system beefed up. But give me all your feedback.

Keep in mind I would love to do low 13's in the 1/4 daily driven (if possible)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Sounds like a better set of springs are in order. Or, replace the heads completely with something better.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Def. upgrade your valve springs, stock ones are not strong enough. get 1.6 roller rockers and sub-frame connectors. other than that looks good!

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Ok this is my first stang and I bought it from a dude that rebuilt the motor and I feel like this thing has a bunch of parts that dont complement each other. Here is the list of parts that I know of, please make suggestions.

Explorer upper and lower intake manifold You will definitely need better springs as they those springs can't even handle a stock mustang cam.

#19 Injectors Okay for now till you iron everything else out.
What fuel pump does it have?

They look like stock headers but are 1.5 od Well the ID should be 1.5 so post a pic so we can tell you for sure.

Sealed Power Pistons, not sure on type or compression but will do compression check tom. A compression test will not tell you what type of pistons they are.

BBK CAI WITH 73MM MAF

MSD WIRES

NGK PLUGS

STOCK DISTRIBUTOR

ELECTRIC FAN Since you said it ran at 235, not good so make sure the fan is working, it has some sort of shroud, the radiator is not clogged, radiator cap is good. Maybe the fan is not pulling enough air. Do you have a mechanical gauge that told you it was at 235?

CAM IS CUSTOM GRIND .525 lift at 1.6 222 intake and 226 exhaust the timing is set up at 112+4

The set up feels wrong not to metion that I keep droping cyclinders probably from burnt wire or the fact that the motor was running @ 235 for some time, but I did do a hydro carbon test and no head issues. With the P heads you will need angled boots so that they don't burn. Also some boot protectors (sleeves) are a great investment. The overheating is not good at all, that is a good way to blow a head gasket.

I have a feeling that the head may need to get better springs and the fuel system beefed up. But give me all your feedback.

Address some of these problems and go through the car with a fine tooth comb.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally Posted by koettingsinc

Explorer upper and lower intake manifold You will definitely need better springs as they those springs can't even handle a stock mustang cam. --------I agree any suggestions on spring type and brand

#19 Injectors Okay for now till you iron everything else out.
What fuel pump does it have?---------No idea will pull the fuel pump but knowing this guy it is stock

They look like stock headers but are 1.5 od Well the ID should be 1.5 so post a pic so we can tell you for sure. -------------will do

Sealed Power Pistons, not sure on type or compression but will do compression check tom. A compression test will not tell you what type of pistons they are.------How can you tell what compression those pistons are

BBK CAI WITH 73MM MAF

MSD WIRES

NGK PLUGS

STOCK DISTRIBUTOR

ELECTRIC FAN Since you said it ran at 235, not good so make sure the fan is working, it has some sort of shroud, the radiator is not clogged, radiator cap is good. Maybe the fan is not pulling enough air. Do you have a mechanical gauge that told you it was at 235?-----Fix that issue it was a pusher not a puller

The set up feels wrong not to metion that I keep droping cyclinders probably from burnt wire or the fact that the motor was running @ 235 for some time, but I did do a hydro carbon test and no head issues. With the P heads you will need angled boots so that they don't burn. Also some boot protectors (sleeves) are a great investment. The overheating is not good at all, that is a good way to blow a head gasket.---------------How are the ford racing 90 degree wires?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts