Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can make anything work but at what cost. The engine will work and trans can be adapted, but you'll need to make lots of electronic mods to make accs, speedo, a/c, heat etc. A correct year 5.0 with simple bolt on mods will be much easier, as fast and a lot beter drivability. After 27 years in ford prof. This is the route i would recm. To my customers.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
That 351 will go right in, and you can put EFI on it with the right selection of parts.
You'll need a 351 swap kit that includes an oil pan to clear the Mustang k member, Mustang 351 headers, EFI distributor and intake, then appropriate injectors based on how much power you'll be making. You'll also need 351 accessory brackets to fit whatever you'll be attaching to the engine as the 5.0 brackets will not work on a 351. You might have to get a hood with more clearance as well, due to the height the intake will wind up having.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok what about wireing and comp and can i buy a 351swap kit and what do i do about the 6 bolt trans pattern

·
Registered
7 Posts
i would still recommend going with another 5.0, i have seen many customers spend a fortune on swaps with little or no improvement. There money would have been better spent on rebuilds, replacements and upgrades. This depends a great deal on your skill level and experience.

however, if you choose to attempt a conversion,the right swap kit will allow you to use components from your original engine. Ford motorsports offers wiring harnesses for fuel injected engine swaps. Contact them at 1-810-468-1356

good luck.

dan
ford specialties of las vegas (fslv)

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
There's 351 swap kits available with everything you want. The wiring wouldn't be a problem, and the computer would be fine. You might need a chip burned with a custom tune once you get it done, to optimize everything and get all you can out of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.