Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just got myself a 1989 Mustang LX 2.3L as my first car. But even before I got it, the A/C and door locks do not work at all. Also the radio display seems to be too low, its very hard to see.

As for my knowledge of cars, it is very limited. The door locks do not work at all, won't lock with key, or pushing it down in car, or the power door locks..... I have checked all the fuses and they all look ok, and i am basically stumped.

If anyone would know how to fix these problems, that would be great :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
89 mustang door lock problem

Just bought an 89 conv mustang with power door locks that don't work. It was tricky to figure out because it looked like I was getting good voltage to the door lock motor but the switch was actually bad. The points inside the switch would make contact but not good enough to lock or unlock the doors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i had same issue with my 89 when i bought it. found out that the lock motors wre bad in the doors. once i removed them i could lock the doors with a key or by pushing the lock, but currently without the electronic locking ability. hope this helps

·
Registered
105 Posts
Try taking out the lock cylinders, or the rod that goes from the electric motor, to the lock cylinders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.