Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 1991 LX because I was hit from behind in my 89 GT. The 91 LX does not have tilt steering wheel and my 89 does. What would I need to do to take the tilt wheel out of the 89 and put it in the 91? How much work is involved and how hard is it?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
It can be done. I did it to my son's 90. There are some pin-out locations that need to be switched. I don't recall which, but get a wire diagram and you're in there.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This may sound stupid, but... by "pin out locations", do you mean spots in the connector that does not have a wire going to it? Other than that, do you rememebr any other issues?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
The location of the pin/wire in the connector. You'll have to use the 89 covers for the column. That's about it.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
my friend at work did the same thing to his 91 lx, but i dont think the 89s had airbags, so you are goin to have to do something about the airbag light / horn and cruise control.

·
Registered
33 Posts
you need a factory service manual plus wiring diagrams for both yrs you need to match the column switch wires to the car wires or i have changed the switchs tomatch the cars year NOT a job for a beginner be careful of that airbag

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.