Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week my buddy wanted to run his 89 vette with minor mods against my stock 05 GT. I knew I had him as far as HP went but with the mods and less weight I was unsure. We left the parking lot when there was no traffic. About a half mile of straight road with a minor incline.

1 2 3 go --- both dropped the hammer and we were outta there.

Left him!!! Saw nothing but my tailights. Felt reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaal good!!!:laughlitt

·
Registered
67 Posts
1 day late post

I wish you would have posted this yesterday - I wouldn't have bothered to lay the smack down on some punk kid in a 89-91 vette this early morning on my way into work. I'm crusin in the fast lane and he rolls up next to me with his t-tops open and gives me the once over. He jams it and rolls on by. I give him a couple of seconds and then drop to 3rd... blast past him as I'm moving from 4th to 5th... I figure, well maybe he wasn't on it hard so I let way up and brake down to 75-80. I see him coming hard in my rearview... he's moving now 100+... at about 200 yards back - I drop back into 3rd and roll through the rest up to 125. He never even got close to me... maybe a car length. These older vettes better mod up or leave us 05/06's alone... I now better to mess with the late model ones but these older ones - better now their place... :sterb:
Oh... and that's if for me racing to 100+... this thing is just to dang fast... I'll stick to the short bursts from 0-70ish and in between... :winks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I wouldnt have even raced him but he had to bring up the FORD stands for "found on road dead" thing. From there it was on. Now I call his Corvette a Chevette. Its killing him.....:laughlitt

·
Registered
622 Posts
at the track on friday a guy in the other lane had a 4th gen 'vette with slicks. Heard him talking to his buddies in the line-up about some tweaks. Thought I would get smoked, but blew him away by almost a full second. :laughlitt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts