Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hows it going im a new member. I was wondering if anyone knows about common fuel elctrical problems with 5.0 efi motors? i seem to have a short in the system somewhere that blows my relay near my ecm. my fuel pump will work good for awhile then it will jus stop working? thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
89notch said:
hows it going im a new member. I was wondering if anyone knows about common fuel elctrical problems with 5.0 efi motors? i seem to have a short in the system somewhere that blows my relay near my ecm. my fuel pump will work good for awhile then it will jus stop working? thanks for the help
Welcome to AFM. Is the fuel pump original, or old? It may have too much resistance or something. You're sure the relays aren't getting wet? That'll kill 'em.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i replaced the fuel pump about 6 months ago it shouldnt already be bad. i think i might have an electrical short due to corrosion of the wires but maybe my ecm relay is gettin wet near the passenger kick panel? i dont have a inside wheel lining on that side cuz it fell apart

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
89notch said:
.... but maybe my ecm relay is gettin wet near the passenger kick panel? i dont have a inside wheel lining on that side cuz it fell apart
Bingo! Sounds like something to look into.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
89notch fuel probs

thanx for the help guys. i have been having this fuel problem for a year off and on and i have had to drop the tank like 6 times to check the pump each time do you think it would be a bad idea if i was to cut a fuel pump access panel in the trunk? what is the stock lph for my elec pump? should i go for a bigger lph?, maybe my car is overworking the stock pump?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.