Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vortec blown New Edge with radar. Nuff said:hihi::evillol:
stang.jpg
Just so you all know, if I give a ticket, it's well deserved. You really need need to be trying to get a ticket outa me. I pass out warnings like candy:myangel.

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
That reminds me of the time that I outran a cop... :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow what an interesting story
Sorry. the details aren't really the most exciting. I guess this thread was just my way of bragging about getting to chase people down on the street in a blown mustang. I mean, com'on, wouldn't you?

Yadkin, as fast as our stang is, you'd have a better shot at outrunning me in that than you would in a vic. The bad thing about the stang is it's just the department toy, meaning its not pursuit rated.:weeps oh well.

I guess i should tell a story so it actually fits in the kill section.

Hm...oh, I got it. I'm gonna keep it po-po related since the original post was. All you cop haters can keep your comments to yourselves. I am still a mustang enthusiast after all. I am NOT a hypocrite. I ONLY give tickets if it's for something I'd expect a ticket for myself, and I DO get tickets. (reference my other kill stories).

Ok, so during the accademy, we were out on an abandoned air strip doin pursuit training. there was a course set-up with a lane change drill, a 65mph slolom, and a tight U-turn running the lenth of the runway. After doing the drills, we decided to play a little cat and mouse to get some experience chasing someone else. Well, this Trooper (we were all local, and not unlike Super Troopers, there's a little animosity there) rolls up in his little Camaro. The Trooper decides to get in on the action, and says "I dont expect you guys to keep up, the point is that you try. We all know those Fords dont stand a chance." Right then, my room-mate saw the rage in my eyes, and knew that I was gunning for the Trooper, so he called dibs on riding with me. Needless to say, when the rabbit cars started taking turns leaving, as soon as that camaro moved I flipped on my lights and siren, and jumped on his bumper. The catch was that the rabbit cars were allowed to go wherever they wanted and hit as many cones as they wanted... obviously we couldn't. Now Mr. Badass Camaro man blasts through the high speed lane change obliterating about three cones. Where was I??? Right on his ass. Now he thinks he's gonna lose me in the slolom. He's pushing past the 65 mark that the course was designed for in a CROWN VIC and he's getting pretty sloppy. Were am I??? yup. Into the tight U-turn. mmm, a good two mph, just to be a jerk. Then he stops at the exit to the U-turn. He waits a second, then tromps it. This is the ONLY time he gains any ground on my fat, undergeared crown vic... in a straight line. We hit the slolom agian, but this time he's only doing every other one. so we're doing 90+ through the slolom and I've gained back every bit of ground I lost in the straight away. then through the low speed lane change. Same deal, he's killing all the little orange cone-shaped pedestrians he can, while the fuzz is right on his tail. Unfortunately we had to slow down before we crashed into the big line of cruisers in front of us, but I proved my point.:smartass:

So four lessons can be learned here.

1. If you're gonna talk a big game, you better be able to back it up or you might eat your words.

2. You might have a faster car than the other guy, but that don't mean you win.

3. Dont F**K wit da POlice. They MIGHT know how to drive. (maybe:heha:)

4. FORDS RULE!!

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
So you beat this Camaro guy driving a Vic? Pretty impressive.

I only "out ran" a cop once. It was on a what I call an "old county road", meaning that it's a narrow two-lane, straight line between two towns but follows the terrain. Lots of these roads were built in the 30's and they had to minimize earthwork. So it's a series of hills, and if you're in one valley you can't see over the next crest. The shoulders are narrow with steep side cuts and fills and there's no where to turn around. But the pavement structure was built well and these roads tend to be very smooth. The area is heavily wooded with small farms and old homesteads.

Speed limit is 50 and I'm not paying attention- on the phone coming back from a job somewhere. I was in my old 2WD 2002 Ford Exploder which was a smooth riding vehicle. The cop passes me going the opposite direction, I see him turn his lights on and I look down at my speedometer and it reads 65.

So I step on it to get to the next crest, find a intersecting road and turn right onto it, floor it again to find the next intersection and turn left, then slow down and take a series of turns in the back county. I find an old house, stop the car, grab my camera and get out, and take some pictures of the house. This is my ready-made excuse for why I'm where I am- doing research on old architectural styles. :)

After a few minutes I get back in the car and find my way back to the main road. I set my cruise control on 52 and head back home.

A mile down the road the cop passes me again coming from the opposite direction. I'm in the hollow and he's coming over the crest, so we get long looks at each other. He's gritting his teeth while I'm giving back a blank stare. :gringreen

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol! That's pretty freakin funny. My policy is if you can evade me without putting others in danger, or make me laugh, you're free to go (at least with a warning).

Also, I wouldn't go as far as to say I "beat" him, but I did prove him wrong about those Fords not standing a chance. That chebby is pretty quick after all. I'm sure it had a lot to do with the fact that I'd been tearing up the pupose built track at the Nebraska Law Enforcement Training Center for two weeks prior to that, and he, well, he was doing what state patrol does. Sitting on the interstate chasing tailights (FYI most local cops only run traffic if there's nothing better to do). Dont underestimate those Vics though. I work in a very large county and we typically only have 2-4 Deputies on at a time, so we do a lot of very spirited driving getting from one side to the other. It like getting paid to practice high performance driving:bigthumbsup

S

·
0 Posts
I'm from Omaha and actually grew up in Bellevue before moving to Papio. Man those little towns have changed! I've never been pulled over by anything cool but I remember the old Fox Body 5.0s that the NE state troopers used to have. Those things would fly.

Keep our streets safe and thanks for sharing your stories... although I want to hear about the ones that cried.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
That was the only time I ever tried to evade a cop. You've obviously got a laid-back attitude but I've been pulled over by some Nazis. A friend of mine got pulled once and the cop pulled a gun on him.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I give cops all the credit in the world for doing there sick ass job & never knowing when some gang bangin little pull your F'n pants up ****** might want to try out his bonny & clyde shoot 'em out deal! I miss the days when you didnt have the police radio to outrun. They have definitely learned alot from the past, as have most of us.:kooky:

·
Registered
912 Posts
lol i was on my home from my sisters apartment about 2 and a half hours away, i was going with traffic and my speedo dosnt work and i got pulled by a state cop, he asks me how fast i was going and i was like uhhhh i dunno i just put a new ransmission in and messed up the gear so my speedo dosnt work, he talked to me about the car for a minute and gave me a warning, he said he clocked me at 85 in a 65, but ike i said i was going with traffic, one other time i was driving my little neon r/t i bought to drive back and forth from school to save gas, it had the stripe pacakge on it and the kid who had it before me put one of those annoying exausts on it, and the cop gave me a 300 dolar ticket because i didnt use my signal when i merged from a lane that was ending, that sucked but what can i do lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I give cops all the credit in the world for doing there sick ass job & never knowing when some gang bangin little pull your F'n pants up ****** might want to try out his bonny & clyde shoot 'em out deal! I miss the days when you didnt have the police radio to outrun. They have definitely learned alot from the past, as have most of us.:kooky:
Lol, I'm waiting for that too. I was an expert pistol shooter and a designated marksman on a CQB team in the Marines so Im pretty well covered there too:winks

·
Banned
8,740 Posts
A person I know, name changed to protect the presumed innocent, had a great one.

He was coming out of State College Pa. Heading towards Altoona. This was in 1981. There was a two lane that ran out of State College till it joined up with a four lane rd, rt 219.

He was driving a 1980 Chevy Citation with a 2.8L V6 and a 4 spd. It was fairly late and he got hypnotized by the road. Didn't realize how fast he was going.

He saw some headlights in the distance and looked down at his speedo to figure out how fast he was going. This was the era of 55mph speed limits and 85 mph speedo's. There was no needle. It was all the way down into the dash. LOL

He looked back up and the car was right up to him and as he passed the lights came on and the guy did the Starsky and Hutch, parking brake, 180 manuever.

He planted his foot the rest of the way on the Citation and nothing much happened.

He had about a mile and a half till his turn off. It was just over a crest in the road. He waited til he cleared the crest and nailed the brakes, down shifting as he could. It took the speedo needle almost 3 seconds to come out from in the dash. He made his turn, barely, and nailed it.

He wound out 2nd, hit 3rd and wound out third. He still didn't see the cop.

He crested a hill and took the first exit. Straight ahead off the exit was a Burger King. He ran straight off the exit and into the Burger King parking lot, parking in the first spot, killing the lights and jumping out of the car, he headed into the Burger King. As he opened the door, the cop flew by with the lights and siren on, up on the 4 lane hwy.

Never saw the guy again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's what I like about that blown stang we got. I might not be able to initiate a "pursuit", but I can sure as hell catch up to ya QUICK.

When I finished one of those stops mentioned earlier (one of the girls that cried actually), I saw a pickup drive by that was hauling about a 15ft roll of carpet that had buckled in the middle, and was dragging on the ground. Well I felt in needed to inform him so it didn't fall out and possibly hurt someone, so I went after him. The truck had about a mile head start, and the car I just stopped was about 200 yds away by the time I got moving, and by the time I passed the car that just took off (didn't take long), I was doing about a buck 15ish.

I never did find the carpet dragger though, which makes me think he turned somewhere. I dont think it would take long to catch up doing 125+ on a long flat hwy. (remember, I have extensive professional level driver training, and I ONLY did it to prevent possible civilian cassualty [or at least inconvenience:gringreen]. Afterall, us boys in brown have the responsibility to do things we dont want to for the sake of public safety).

·
Registered
806 Posts
That's what I like about that blown stang we got. I might not be able to initiate a "pursuit", but I can sure as hell catch up to ya QUICK.

When I finished one of those stops mentioned earlier (one of the girls that cried actually), I saw a pickup drive by that was hauling about a 15ft roll of carpet that had buckled in the middle, and was dragging on the ground. Well I felt in needed to inform him so it didn't fall out and possibly hurt someone, so I went after him. The truck had about a mile head start, and the car I just stopped was about 200 yds away by the time I got moving, and by the time I passed the car that just took off (didn't take long), I was doing about a buck 15ish.

I never did find the carpet dragger though, which makes me think he turned somewhere. I dont think it would take long to catch up doing 125+ on a long flat hwy. (remember, I have extensive professional level driver training, and I ONLY did it to prevent possible civilian cassualty [or at least inconvenience:gringreen]. Afterall, us boys in brown have the responsibility to do things we dont want to for the sake of public safety).
all of you guys are going to hate me for this but i outran a cop once in my 96 z28. Well kind of out ran a cop i guess. my nieghbor across the street was a cop, i was coming home from work doing 70 in a 60. i saw he turn his lights on about a 1/2 mile back and i gunned it. by the time i got back home he had already beat me and him and my parents were in the front yard waiting on me. he gave me a warning and my parents gave me a beating lol. learned my lesson really quick. he did say for a chevy it was very fast.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I had a pinnelas county sheriff pull up next to me w/ my 408 powered nitrous tbird, Iheard him rev his crown vic n neurtal over the top of my near 700 lift cam monster, I looked over & he had this huge **** eating grin on. When the light turned he layed into it, I figured what the hell!! I put it to the wood, in about .3 seconnds I blew by him ( this car runs 8's on m/t dr's) w\ no traffic to be seen, I stopped @ the next light & waited for a little bit for him. By the time he pulled up he yelled "HOLY ****" pointed me into the gas station & talked about my car for about an hour! He loved it & explained he didnt mind us older rodders doing some stop light to stop light action, they have it out for these little ****** import kids racing in & out of traffic. That was a fun cop!:kooky::bigthumbsup

·
Registered
806 Posts
I had a pinnelas county sheriff pull up next to me w/ my 408 powered nitrous tbird, Iheard him rev his crown vic n neurtal over the top of my near 700 lift cam monster, I looked over & he had this huge **** eating grin on. When the light turned he layed into it, I figured what the hell!! I put it to the wood, in about .3 seconnds I blew by him ( this car runs 8's on m/t dr's) w\ no traffic to be seen, I stopped @ the next light & waited for a little bit for him. By the time he pulled up he yelled "HOLY ****" pointed me into the gas station & talked about my car for about an hour! He loved it & explained he didnt mind us older rodders doing some stop light to stop light action, they have it out for these little ****** import kids racing in & out of traffic. That was a fun cop!:kooky::bigthumbsup
there are still some good cops out there.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He loved it & explained he didnt mind us older rodders doing some stop light to stop light action, they have it out for these little ****** import kids racing in & out of traffic. That was a fun cop!:kooky::bigthumbsup
Amen! Be careful when you say "they" though. There is no standard among us. Believe it it or not, we don't sit around brainstorming about who we're gonna hate and all that. I have a fellow deputy here that has a hardon for front plate and muffler violations. Both of which he would have ticketed me for if he saw my bird or my fox. I personally wont give a ticket for less than 12 over and wont even stop for less than 8, but I've been stopped myself for 6 over. Cops aren't pre-programed drones. We have different values like anyone else. I don't like safety issues like headlight and tail light defects. So be careful still, one says ok, another might haul you away in cuffs.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
My son's boy scout troop leader was stopped in West Virginia during our annual ski trip. He was driving his Expedition as a "lead car" for our bus because he's in his 60's and the bus seats hurt his back. He was stopped for doing 36 in a 35.

No one can tell me that cop didn't have a beef with folks with out of state plates.

·
Registered
540 Posts
No doubt every body is human & has problems just like everyone else, but it does suck badly when you get a cop whos been cut off by his wife or whatever else 1 million things might put 1 in a foul mood. And it definitely sucks when 1 uses that power to take it out on someone else.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well... we gotta get our bad rep from somewhere:laugh:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts