Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm at approx 9,600 miles on the bullitt about to do my third oil change. The only problem I'm having is whining from the rearend going around turns and the tranny is especially tender when in cold weather (when the car hasn't warmed up yet). So, my next oil change, I'm going to have them look at the rearend of the car. I also slightly dinged the front bumper... that was a bad day for me, lol.

The exhaust has worn in and is very loud at WOT and has a very nice gurgle at low speeds (I even get a "pop" while decelerating). The only mod I've done is a MGW shifter, which now is worn in and running great. It was notchy for a bit...

So, the verdict... would I sell this car? NOT UNLESS IT WAS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH. :) It will be going in the garage for the winter unless the roads are nice. I need to update my page with tons more pics I've taken. I also had some taken that are very good from the photographer stepdad I have. :) The bullitt was worth the money. Without a doubt.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and experience so far - my brother has a 2001 Bullitt w/ 29K on it and he feels the same way about it as you do yours.

If you haven't done so already, I'd get a battery tender (not trickle charger) to use over the winter. It'll keep you ready to rock when you take the vehicle out again next year.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah, I had an 01 bullitt for a bit over the summer... not going to lie... that car is probably the only sn95 I'd ever buy. I loved it. If I had to give up my 08, I'd pick up an 01 in a heartbeat.

The bumper...?... well, it pretty much boils down to that I"m an idiot. :) I had the p-brake engaged, shut the engine down, put it in first, and it rolled like 1/4" into the brick wall at our house... I didn't have the brake engaged enough. :( It's not bad, but I notice it. I'll probably fix it down the road when I get other damage.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I'll get it fixed down the road when I get other damage.
Already planning on additional damage to the car? What have you got in mind?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Don't worry about it. Everyone has little dings like that. I can count 4 blemishes on my baby. No one else could probably find them even if i pointed but i know they are there :(

Glad to hear you have been doing some serious driving. My 2007 still only has 7,360 miles on her. Guess i need to take a road trip :D

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha, yep. I should only have 6,500 miles or so on it, but I drove out to ohio a lot, so most were highway miles. It will slow down when it goes in the garage soon. :( Then back to my old zx2, which is still kind of a fun car in its own right.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Good to see that you're still hanging around! :D

Glad to hear that you like the bullitt. I see one sitting on the lot at the dealer every time I drive past. (at least twice a day)

Man its tough living a block away from a Ford dealer... :/

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Already planning on additional damage to the car? What have you got in mind?
WEll, I was considering sliding it into your car, Gary. ;) Does that work? :D

Yeah, they have not been the hottest sellers. They presold a very large hunk of them, though. I'm sure with recent rebates, they'll disappear after awhile. If more people would test drive them, they'd see the difference. It's night and day from a stock GT.

·
Registered
367 Posts
It will be going in the garage for the winter unless the roads are nice.

NEVER TAKE IT OUT! till theres no snow AT ALL! lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
I bought my Bullitt in March and have nearly 5400 miles on mine. If you look on the International Mustang Bullitt Owners Club (www.IMBOC.com) web site there are some threads on the rear end whine and a few owners with shifter issues. So far, I am very happy with mine and have had no issues mechanically. Although there is a squeak in the dash (TSB out on it..lol). (FYI...the IMBOC site was down earlier today, so don't get frustrated trying to get to it).

I added the FRPP Shorty Headers to mine a month or so ago and I like the tone it added to the exhaust. You can really hear it roar now on WOT...lol There is a company called Green Filter that is producing a replacement filter for the Bullitt. About to order one for mine. The OEM replacement costs about as much as the re-oilable Green Filter. Most owners are leaving theiors stock or with a few subtle changes...CAI filter, headers, strut tower covers, to name a few. Keeping mine as low kee as possible looks wise, but slowly adding power adders to it. Rousch SC early next year.....Key word Stealth...but lots of power...lol

You may want to go with full synthetic oils...engine, transmission, rear end over time. I run the Ford Motorcraft full synthetic engine with 5K miles on the last oil change. Due for a change in another 500-600 miles. Changed it at 1K miles on the engine. No issues.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I bought my Bullitt in March and have nearly 5400 miles on mine. If you look on the International Mustang Bullitt Owners Club (www.IMBOC.com) web site there are some threads on the rear end whine and a few owners with shifter issues. So far, I am very happy with mine and have had no issues mechanically. Although there is a squeak in the dash (TSB out on it..lol). (FYI...the IMBOC site was down earlier today, so don't get frustrated trying to get to it).

I added the FRPP Shorty Headers to mine a month or so ago and I like the tone it added to the exhaust. You can really hear it roar now on WOT...lol There is a company called Green Filter that is producing a replacement filter for the Bullitt. About to order one for mine. The OEM replacement costs about as much as the re-oilable Green Filter. Most owners are leaving their's stock or with a few subtle changes...CAI filter, headers, strut tower covers, to name a few. Keeping mine as low key as possible looks wise, but slowly adding power adders to it. Rousch SC early next year.....Key word Stealth...but lots of power...lol

You may want to go with full synthetic oils...engine, transmission, rear end over time. I run the Ford Motorcraft full synthetic engine with 5K miles on the last oil change. Due for a change in another 500-600 miles. Changed it at 1K miles on the engine. No issues.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
205 Posts
has anybody dynoed a bullitt yet?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Well I guess we could see where you were, while you weren't here. That's good to hear man, keep driving.

·
Registered
383 Posts
im sorry but i just have to say, i remember it was when...jan or feb. when you picked up the bullit. im glad you love her, but how have you put 9,000 miles on her already!? i know i really dont have much room to talk BC i picked up sylvia on 4 October and i have 13,500 miles. but dang man, thats alot. eh whatever, we love our cars, and driving is our version of heroine/crack!!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
WEll, I was considering sliding it into your car, Gary. ;) Does that work? :D

Yeah, they have not been the hottest sellers. They presold a very large hunk of them, though. I'm sure with recent rebates, they'll disappear after awhile. If more people would test drive them, they'd see the difference. It's night and day from a stock GT.
does the axel back make that much of a differance? or is there more that they have done that i'm not aware of?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha, well, when the gf now fiancee lives 170 miles away and you make about 6-8 trips out to see her in one summer, it racks up the highway mileage. :)

People have dynoed it and it is pushing over and matching what Ford said it would do. The torque curve is much different and with a snappy throttle... it's not hard to smoke them. the 3.73s help out too. I push 27mpg on the highway also. :) Sometimes, the computer says 28! lol

The stock shifter was an amazing improvement over the old ones, I just wanted a shorter throw. I kept the stocker bagged away though.

I just love driving it, what can I say? But, like I said. I'm going to be doing a full detail and maintenance soon, then it's in the garage for about 4 months with the occasional drive, so it will even out. I just wish more people would test drive one just to feel it!

I'm an active member on imboc, but I haven't been on in a long time since I"m just getting the internet back, so I'll check up on there again soon.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh, and it's not just an axleback. It's a modified H-pipe with some little internal tweaks in it and a new axbleback designed for the car... the sound is amazing... especially after breaking it in. I don't want to change it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.