Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend im putting a SN95 motor into my 90 stang..i jsut wanna know if anyone has done this and would my 90 Computer work with that SN95 motor? what kinda diffrences and issues will i run into other than the throttle body that i can switch over, or the alt. wiring which could be simply rewired. I just need some sorta idea what to expect when i start this

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Ok a motor from 94-95 is not better than 87-92 motor because the 87-92 came with forged pistons and a slightly more aggressive cam.

Whats wrong with the current motor in the 90' ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the 94 i got is built from top to bottom all forged, afr heads and so on. i just need some info on wiring up the motor if its all gonna work with my A9L harness as i see all the SN95 guys are switching to A9L cpu for performance improvments.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
The long block assembly have no external differences. It should drop right in and use the sensors from your car. Are you using the accessory brackets from your car or the '95?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
95 accessories, Alt im gonna rewire it and i think the rest of them are the same, i deleted the smog and A/C! do anyone of u know what size pulley belt i need to run using underdrive and those 2 deleted accessories?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Everything should wire up just fine with the exception of the TPS, you will need to use the fox one. Also, be sure to ditch the elbow on the intake and run a fox t-body and EGR set-up. The Alt is the only re-wire you will need to do. As far as the belt, just take some string and run it around the pulley's using the same route as your belt, then measure the length of the string. That will be the belt size you need. If you end up with an odd size, you may have to accept the next size up or down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.