Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago I purchased a 78 Cobra 302 4spd in good shape at a local police auction for $425.00 because it wouldn't start. Nobody new that you had to yank the emergency brake up in order for it to start. I aired up a tire, put fresh gas and a battery on it then drove her home. My brother being a fan of these cars paid me what I gave for it and has run into a problem during a engine rebuild. He took a 91 GT roller cammed 5.0 rebuilt it and is trying to get it in the Mustang. His problem is the old motor mounts wouldn't bolt up to the newer motor so he reused the 91's mounts. Now the valve covers stick up a high as the fenders. Can he use convertable 5.0 motor mounts? I have heard that they set the motor lower in the car than standard mounts. Is this true? Also he bought a set of Mustang II Hedman headers and is having a problem getting them to go together(1 side is a 2 piece header). He also wants to put a T-5 5spd into the Cobra. Has anybody done this before? If so,what was done. Any help will be grateful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts