Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im swapping my stock intake manifolds (upper and lower) with gt40 upper and lower and i noticed the stock lower has some hoses that dont seem to have a place on the gt40 lower.
i know lots of you guys have done this swap so i was wondering what you guys did with this? im guessing you just deleted the hoses but any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
The main thing is the ACT sensor on the drivers side of the intake. Theres no bung on the lower intake with the gt40. Some guys will drill n tap a hole, others will extend the wires n move the ACT to the intake tube and some just say eff it and leave it laying on the intake runner but thats not really recommended.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gotcha, so i guess extending it might be the easiest route, unless i can just not worry about it?
do i actually need it? can i just put the gt40 intake in "as is" and delete the wire?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Extending over to the intake tube is the best route. Definitely dont wanna delete/snip it off as it reads the temperature of the incoming air and adjusts accordingly. You might end up with a lean condition n burn it up. To get by temporarily you could just leave it laying on the intake runner but it wont get an accurate reading.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts