Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went to fix my saggy door pockets today and wanted to fix the problem that the passenger door lock has had since i had the door panel off. When you put the key in the door lock it keeps spinning around and around. I looked and the rod that is tied to the key hole was broke.(plastic piece) Does anyone know how to fix or where to buy a new plastic piece to go around it.

Also the door locks and windows switches dont work on passenger side but work on other side. is that a common probelm?

let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Thought I was gonna have an easy fix for u until you wrote the plastic part.......try the usual spots, must unlimited...late model resto....im sure others will have good info.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks im looking for it right now...i just dont know what the part is called. here is the pic of it. let me know if anyone knows. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
I think this is what you are looking for. Latemodelresotoration has most everything you can no longer find. If not call a ford dealer, they "MIGHT" have it. Good luck.

79-04 RETAINER, LOCK ROD, DOOR MUSTANG

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would think this would be an ideal salvage piece..
Have you called around to the local yards?
If they've got a similiar model sitting out back
it will have that piece, intact.

GL
HTH

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea....i actually went to the ford dealership today and asked for it 15 dollars. I might be buying it or i might be going to the junk yard to pick that up and new power lock switches. but at least i know what it is. (or just the part number lol)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.