Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any pictures of 87-93 stang with new projector headlights (black backgrounds)? I have been checkin out the ones on ebay and would like to hear from you before I spend the money. Pictures would be the best and any problems with leaks or any other issues would be helpful. Thanks all!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Are you talking about the Smoked Headlights?

If that is so, I'd also like to know the same thing.

I'm running an all black configuration and I think the dark headlights would really add a lot to them, but, I don't know what they look like on the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I could show you the lights. Can't figure out how to put them on here. Anyway, I like the smoked lights, but I was referring to lights with the clear lenses, and they have a black housing that surrounds the projector and the other halogen light. The smoked ones look cool but since the lens itself is tinted, I figured it would cut down the light output at night.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have em on my 95 . .. not quite the right year, but they'll give you an idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply!

Any problem with install? Do you like them? Anybody have the lights that I have in my gallery?

·
Registered
721 Posts
The install was a little tricky. For example, I had to reglue the weatherstripping and it took some time to get them aimed right. But, mine are one piece and I think and sn95 is harder to aim anyway. I would suggest that you reinforce the weatherstripping no matter what.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
man those are really "rice." makes the car look gaudy and overdone, too much flash. stick with your stockers, they are clean and give the car a nice american feel. personally, i even love the yellow corner lenses and everything. i guess its a preference thing, but i dont think youll like em once they are on. spend your money on something else.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice. I guess I never thought of them as looking like rice! Don't want that. Its hard to see in my drag day photo, but I took some 94-95 tri-bar wheels with 5 lug and put them on my car....in gloss black. Made my own centers with the running stang on them and well....thought it was a lot of black on a white car. So the lights would have put more black on the car just like black covers do. Don't care for the black plastic covers, having to take them on and off and having a loose fit. Again, I do appreciate the input. Still would love to see them on somebody's car if they're out there!

·
Registered
721 Posts
systronic said:
man those are really "rice." makes the car look gaudy and overdone, too much flash. stick with your stockers, they are clean and give the car a nice american feel. personally, i even love the yellow corner lenses and everything. i guess its a preference thing, but i dont think youll like em once they are on. spend your money on something else.
Spoken like the owner of a 15 second car . . . if you've ever even been to the track. An "American feel" means we can be individuals and we don't all have to be the same. On this Veteran's Day, when we remember all who died fighting for the rights we often take for granted, I'm happy to be a bit different. If you think my car looks "rice" you are entiltled to that opinion. And, if you ever find yourself in Arizona . . . I'll be happy to show you my tail lights . . . on the street or the strip . . . up to you.:)

·
0 Posts
truuble said:
Spoken like the owner of a 15 second car . . .
LOL, those style lights were first on Beamers and other european style cars - not ricers. If you like the way they look get them, it's your car. You should make your car look how you want it to and not worry about intentionally making it not look like something else.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yep. I had projectors on my BMW 740IL. That's when I first got to liking them.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
just my opinion, thats all. :cool:

i dig the ones on your later model trub, but im not too fond of the ones they make for 87-93. the taillights are even worse :sosad:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just recieved my new lights of ebay and they rock.I had that ugly nicotine look before and now its like a new front end.got the one with clear corners and inners.on my 91 it took me 15min for install...very easy.got them from 'speedingtrack' of ebay.shipping was very quick too!highly recomend!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So you basically just put your old bulbs in the new housing right? Anybody else have pictures of 87 -93 stang with black projector headlights? I have been looking on ebay at a pair from stbracing. I don't want to buy until I know they fit good and look good.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Lighting mods are just too visual for me. I'd rather see appearance mods to the body, i.e. hood, spoiler. Then again, my favorite mods are the ones which aren't immediately visible...

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
As long as a ride can back up the flashy looks with some good performance. Then its all good! Truuble ride is pretty mean from how it sounds. On the other hand, running a 16.9(my 02 saturn sl2 runs a 16.2 woot, I beat several ricers at the track lol) w/projectors, 4 in hood, 5 in exhaust tip with 1-7/8 exhaust, 4ft spoiler, flashing neon, speed bump scraping bodykit, lighted shifter knob, 19in chrome with cut springs, and blowing blue smoke constantly... Just really doesn't back it up :dunce:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like the way 1stPny's car looks! My car is white but with all the black trim and wheels, I think the same light would look pretty hot compared to the stocks. I appreciate all the input, as for the performance, well, this is cheaper for now. Have lots of other stuff to take care of. I can't even justify the headlights. Can I take up a collection? Donations anyone?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.