Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<TABLE style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="85%" height="100%">1992 LX Hatch 110,000 kms 5.0 5 speed loaded no power windows 273 gears bone stock.

The car went 15.1 @96.8 mph bone stock.Timing set at 14.

Then i made up my own ram air with a K&N filter car went 14.90 @ 98.6 mph.

Then i added 355's new posi,Hoosier 27.5x8 tires from a buddy who a stock car he races(free)hooks hard the car went 14.36 @ 100 mph

Then i removed the air conditioning compressor,lines,condesor and the smog pump and front sway bar and the car went 13.99 @ 102.5 mph

Then i put on a set of mac equal length 1 5/8 headers with a BBK 2.5 Inch h-pipe and Dynomax 2.5 inch Ultra flo mufflers dumped at the axle and the car went slower 14.1 @99.2 mph

This was all done with a G tech Pro and on the same road that i always test on (out of town)
What i want know is why would the car go slower with Mac headers and removing the cats and factory mufflers and tail pipes,i should have picked up 20 hp.Is it maybe to lean now.
Any help would be great,i think im going to just put a Zex Nitrous system on it,i still have to put my Kenny Brown subframe connecters on that sitting in my garage collecting dust and i need a shifter.

Thanks.....a mid 13 would be nice and a 12.50 on the Nitrous would be great.

Help help help...........

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=smalltext vAlign=bottom width="85%"><TABLE style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltext align=left width="100%" colSpan=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
That sucks man!
Getting people to wright you back, down here is like pulling teeth!
Move you question up to the 5.0 lounge!

·
Registered
10 Posts
if you haven't done anything to the engine internally or put a new computer chip in, i would say the you don't have enough back pressure in the exhaust. i know it may sound stupid and i know your probably thinking if you let the exhaust flow freely then you should pick up some horse power. well you very well could have picked up 10 - 20 hp but you also would have lost alot of torque on a stock motor, and the torque is what gets you car moving. my opinon, try puting the cats(if you still have them) back on and run it again. i just about put money on it that it will be quicker. one other thing, don't forget about the weather. you will run alot slower on a hot an humid day then you would on a cold day. pay attention to the barametric pressure, closer you get to 30.00" the more power your engine is going to make

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.