Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about putting a stock '93 5.0 engine into my 1966 mustang but has 140,000 original miles on it. I also want to add an E Cam and Ford Racing's Turbo Swirl heads on to it. Are there any issues or problems that I would run into piston wise or do I have to rebuild it? I have and automatic transmission with a 2400 stall torque converter and 3.55 gears. I want to keep my Engine carbureted. I was rebuilding a '72 302 block but had some issues with the lifters getting stuck and they shredded the Comp Cam for the 2nd time. All the money I spent went down the drain. I have an Edelbrock carburetor, Performer 289 intake, ported e7 heads with 1.7 crane roller rockers and hooker headers, would there be an issue transferring them onto the '93? I only want to build it for the street not the track. Please help, I appreciate everyone's advice.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
putting new heads on a worn out engine is not a good idea, it's akin to the bible verse that says "new wine in old wine skins", if I was you I'd look for a nice low milage 302 or new rebuilt one so your motor worries would be gone and you can get to driving that machine, there are tons of motors on Ebay, Craigslist and such...good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you think it has to many miles on it, I just found the motor yesterday and i'm anxious to get my car going again. I will keep looking for something else. I found the motor for 250 thats why i was interested, what year motor do you recommend that comes factory forged pistons?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I will keep looking for another motor. I am just anxious to find another motor to get my car going again. What year motor do you recommend that comes with factory forged pistons?

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
well any of the 89=93 motors have the forged pistons, however unless you are running boost, who cares? The rods aren't forged so it makes no difference...look for a great deal on rebuilt shortblock...all your other stuff will bolt right on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts