Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 Fox body lx that I’m doing a 302 swap on and I need an exhaust. I just don’t know what to use. I get so confused trying to figure it out. Any help would be great.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Welcome to AFM!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Welcome to the family!! What are you looking to accomplish with the exhaust?

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
You’re doing a 4cyl to v8 swap?
You’ll need a set of headers, (“shorty” will be the easiest), a mid pipe (either an X or an H) two mufflers, and two tail pipes. Look at americanmuscle.com latemodelrestorstion.com summitracing, etc etc in the ‘87-93 exhaust sections.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the family!! What are you looking to accomplish with the exhaust?
I don’t want anything crazy loud yet noticeable going down the road. I was wondering if there are combinations of headers, x-pipe, and mufflers that will go in without any modifications.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
I don’t want anything crazy loud yet noticeable going down the road. I was wondering if there are combinations of headers, x-pipe, and mufflers that will go in without any modifications.
I don’t know this for sure, but I think any foxbody V8 exhaust setups will work. There’s usually a little modification required with almost every exhaust system though.
Look at Flowmonster mufflers. Sound like flowmasters only cheaper. Headers are probably going to be the most expensive items. I’d get something that’s half decent that won’t rust out. On second thought, if one could find a set of oem 5.0 headers cheap enough I might go that route as long as they’re not rusted through. You wouldn’t gain much if any extra horsepower with a set of aftermarket shorty headers.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I use to use FlowMaster but I wanted to be NOT like everyone else, I purchased Spintech. Here's a sound clip. Stock headers and cats at the time. AFR heads, BBK throttle, BBK CAI

1 - 7 of 7 Posts