Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
both of these guy are friends of mine the honda had b-18 kinda beefed and the mustang had most of the gen. mods like flowmaster mufflers pulleys chip short throw shifter and gears stuff like that but the honda end up beating the mustang by at least 3 cars

·
Registered
567 Posts
I believe it.......

My ITR havent lost to 5.0 yet... I dont want to post my kills, cuz its the wrong forum to do it. Especially a mustang kill :winks People will dogged the sh!t out me...

They usually get me off the line, but once I get this thing whinning to 8400 rpm, I start reeling them in & passing them up. They dont usually stand a chance from a roll...........

Dont get me wrong, I know there some freaky fast 5.0's out there......

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
yea my 5 from a roll sucks. the other day some **** in a red crx was doing the typical gay ****, darting in n out of traffic and tailgating me to get me to go. i woulld only go on super short bursts because there was heavy traffic, so i dont know the outcome, but id rather not weave in n out of traffic cutting people off with exactly my cars length left to spare to have found out. btw austin what color is your R? there is an older guy with a real clean yellow one right by my moms house. if i were to get a honda car, it would definately have to be one of those or the same year Si in blue.

·
Registered
567 Posts
lxarlo said:
yea my 5 from a roll sucks. the other day some **** in a red crx was doing the typical gay ****, darting in n out of traffic and tailgating me to get me to go. i woulld only go on super short bursts because there was heavy traffic, so i dont know the outcome, but id rather not weave in n out of traffic cutting people off with exactly my cars length left to spare to have found out. btw austin what color is your R? there is an older guy with a real clean yellow one right by my moms house. if i were to get a honda car, it would definately have to be one of those or the same year Si in blue.

Black but the yellow ones are very nice....... I pickup the R from a 52 year old Cop.....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont about you all but i respect all cars that i race because i seen some pretty bad sleepers:sleeping: like my friends with that b-18 which now is gsr turbo full built totally striped and it looks stock beside his carbon hood and its a little terror so you never know whats under the hood

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have had a few fast cars, imports and domestics. Basically, a kill is a kill because of the Power to weight/gears/driver of the car that wins. I can post kill stories of my other makes, but i'm not gonna, because its almost irrelevent. There are so many factors on street racing because of all the dangers it involves. Take it to the race track, not just drags, but make it a day at the technical track and see which car is better over all, but not just on a stright line. A honda with a turbo will beat a lot of cars, but i've seen v8's with turbos also that are pretty darn fast too, dont forget v6 turbo gnxs, some on the street with 1000+ hp.

my .02

·
Registered
567 Posts
sincitystang said:
I have had a few fast cars, imports and domestics. Basically, a kill is a kill because of the Power to weight/gears/driver of the car that wins. I can post kill stories of my other makes, but i'm not gonna, because its almost irrelevent. There are so many factors on street racing because of all the dangers it involves. Take it to the race track, not just drags, but make it a day at the technical track and see which car is better over all, but not just on a stright line. A honda with a turbo will beat a lot of cars, but i've seen v8's with turbos also that are pretty darn fast too, dont forget v6 turbo gnxs, some on the street with 1000+ hp.

my .02
GNX :worship :worship :worship :worship :worship

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
didnt have a turbo when they raced

·
Registered
977 Posts
timberlane_2003 said:
both of these guy are friends of mine the honda had b-18 kinda beefed and the mustang had most of the gen. mods like flowmaster mufflers pulleys chip short throw shifter and gears stuff like that but the honda end up beating the mustang by at least 3 cars
The mods you listed for the stang don't really add much in the acceleration department. Depending on the gears, that might be it really. I love the 94-95 Stangs but they are dogs in stock form. They are like a blank canvas though, just waiting for h/c/i and power adder.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3.73 gears

·
Registered
136 Posts
To date I haven't seen a single civic that breaks into 14's, not counting videos on the internet. Not saying that they don't exist because the most definatly do. How many civics have a stock motor/block/heads whatever when they break into 13's? 0

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
lxarlo said:
My car kicks @$$, if you go, at about 20MPH in first. Second gear will take you to nearly 80MPH. I did a 40 to 75MPH pull against some yuppie, in one of those newer z3 bimmer roadsters. I balked my start like a moron, so he was in front, but the pull was pretty even. I never left second gear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.