Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 Lx, the car runs good for the most part. Under hard accellaration, around 3000 rpm the car feels like it hits a wall. From in the car I can hear a loud whine coming from the fuel pump at all times. I changed the plugs and the were all very lean looking. Could this be the fuel pump?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Let's try something simple before you go changing the pump. When was the last time you changed your fuel filter?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I changed the filter yesterday. It had some resistance in it... but thats out of the equation now.

·
Registered
508 Posts
My fuel pump made alot of noise before it went out, but that doesnt explain why the car is hitting a wall at 3000 rpms. What exactly does it too, Miss fire? Maybe your cats are clogged (if you still have them)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It like falls on its face. No misfire, backfire, nothing like that. I floor it and nothing happens. The car has 173,000 on it. It does still have converters also.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
There can be mutiple reasons for this. Start by pulling the ECM codes first. Also how are the ignition system parts? Real old? fairly new? Fuel pressure is?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.