Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 93 LX has the no power to the doors at all, as it was not factory installed. I have been messing around with the idea of making everything in the doors power, minus the mirrors as I prefer manual mirrors. If I could find the right hardware for a decent price, would it be a worthwhile endeavor? Would it even be possible?

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Find you a donar car and do the conversion. Will need door panels also or at least arm rests. Can plug the hole for the handle. There is a wiring harness that goes from one side of car to the other. Yeah it is behind the dash and will be a pain to remove. Going from memory it is a separate harness. The power mirror switch is in the console so that is not a issue since not installing. The harness you get will probably have that section in it but don't have to use it.
Also you maybe able to swap or get a little money for the manual windows. Lot of drag racers want it because of weight. Post in tech if want to go into more detail. Maurice

·
Registered
88 Posts
Silly question, but have you confirmed that there are no wiring harnesses going tot he doors?
Every mustang produced from 1988-1993 came with the same chassis wiring harness. You'd id say your car is a 1993 right?
Even if your car did not have power windows/door locks (every '93 had power door locks though) it still has the wiring harness.

I agree with mg man 75…a donor car is the perfect start. You can get all the parts you need (including wiring harnesses) out of a pick-a-part.

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
The body part of harness is probably there. The one going into the door maybe not. Take off the kickpanel under dash on door side. There will be a bundle of wires going into the door if it is there. If not there will probably be a plug connection. PM can take picture on my 93 that shows that area. Maurice
Moving to tech we are getting into a what if job and not just chat. Maybe someone with manual doors can help us out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts