Ford Mustang Forum banner

93 Octane race tune issue - 2011 GT

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  doubleg 
#1 ·
Im not going to pretend I know anything about these tuners. I know they open up the PCM to give you more HP, and in my case I needed one to run my Steeda CAI. I bought a Bama SCT/X3 from AM, and figured I would go for the gutso and try out the 93 race tune first since that's all I run in my car is 93 octane anyway. It fired right up, took it up and street and it was bucking like crazy, made a circle around the block and came home to try the 91 tune. Has anyone else experienced anything like that, it was like the car was surging badly, but if I blipped the throttle (and I know I shouldn't have) it would just like the tires up. I emailed AM a couple of minutes ago to see if they could get me in contact with Bama, so maybe they could send me another tune, or there is an option on there for datalogging and maybe they would want to look at that. I really don't know.
I was just curious as if anyone else had a bad surging problem when trying out their 93R Race tune.
The car runs like a champ with the 91 tune in the upper RPM's, but seems a little doggy off the line. I double checked my setup that I filled out for them and everything was correct, I don't know if its because they mass tune these things, or there is something else going on with my car.

Any of you tuning experienced guys have any ideas?

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
i experienced that until i got the first 20-30 miles under my belt with the 93r tune. i found running 95 octane and being really light on the pedal are the keys. that 93r tune is insanely freaking touchy though regardless.

G
#3 ·
I have the Airaid CAI and SCT3 setup from American Muscle and am running the 93R tune and NOT one single problem with it EVER.
They are great to work with and very prompt to rectify any issue that you may have.
Send a PM to Dan, their AFM forum rep. He is always willing to help and will get you squared away.

Randy

#4 ·
^^^^^^^^^^^This...

Just get in contact with Dan. My 93R tune ran perfect from the start.

#5 ·
I also am running the 93R tune with the Airaid CAI without any issues at all. AM may have to tweak your tune a little bit.

#6 ·
Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with this tune. From my own experience I understand that it can frustrating to say the least.

I got your information, and I passed this along to Bama. A representative from Bama will be giving you a call shortly to figure out what is going on and make the necessary corrections.

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions or need any further assistance feel free to let me know. Once again I apologize for the complications, and assure you we will get you squared away promptly.

-Dan

#7 ·
Thanks Dan and to those who responded. Don from BAMA called me this morning and we think the problem is they had me setup for the big Steeda CAI, the 101mm one, and not the 95mm one that I bought. I could see where that would definitely cause some problems. Tonight I will reflash and see how it goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.