Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into some new rims for my 2006 Mustang GT and i was on mustang tuning's site and was saw the 2k3 Style Cobra R Rims. now i now the offset is quite a bit larger on the 2005+ Mustangs but wondering if there was a way to modify the wheels to properly fit the 2005+ mustangs

Thanks

·
Registered
487 Posts
06BlkMustanGT said:
I'm looking into some new rims for my 2006 Mustang GT and i was on mustang tuning's site and was saw the 2k3 Style Cobra R Rims. now i now the offset is quite a bit larger on the 2005+ Mustangs but wondering if there was a way to modify the wheels to properly fit the 2005+ mustangs

Thanks
Not that I know of....here is a pic of my stang with 18 inch 2003 cobra rims. With 255/45/18's the sidewalls are even with the fenderwell. However, if you want to go any bigger, I wouldn't recomend these. I am going to pull these off because I want to run the BFG 285/40/18 on the rear. But to do that, I need a rim with +45mm of offset, and these have +24.

Attachments

·
Registered
599 Posts
Your car looks really good, psfracer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
psfracer said:
Not that I know of....here is a pic of my stang with 18 inch 2003 cobra rims. With 255/45/18's the sidewalls are even with the fenderwell. However, if you want to go any bigger, I wouldn't recomend these. I am going to pull these off because I want to run the BFG 285/40/18 on the rear. But to do that, I need a rim with +45mm of offset, and these have +24.
What he said. I pulled these (see below) to put 285/40/18's in the rear. Still sitting in my closet.

http://stinkyfactory.com/page5.html

·
Registered
487 Posts
06BlkMustanGT said:
Thanks for the Info how much did the handling change once you installed these wheels
That ALL depends on what tire you decide to put on......but if you put on some decent bfg's/nitto's etc, then based on my experience, there will be a drastic improvement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.