Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if any cars might carry the same fuel pump or maybe even swap out i believe i lost a fuel pump since im not getting fuel in the rail any suggestions or tests to make sure im not wasting money on something that does not need replaced i have heard that this year has had pump problems so that was my first assumption all help is appreciated:scratchchin

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
i think one test to see if your pump is dead is to put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position without cranking it.. and u should be able to hear the pump come on to build up pressure.. if it doesnt then u know its something about the pump whether it be circuitry, wiring, or the pump itself.. if u hear the fuel pump then it could just be a severely clogged fuel filter

·
Registered
140 Posts
i would change your fuel filter first, its much easier and less expensive but it is most likely your fuel pump. you cant always here them, sometimes theyre really quiet. have a friend bang on the bottom of the fuel tank with a deadblow hammer while you crank the engine. sometimes that will make the pump work temporarily and the car will start or at least almost start. if it does then replace the pump. you might want to get a wire diagram and check for power and ground at the pump as well

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no does it matter that i have the 4 engine code does it require a higher velocity pump or something or is a special engine or what? only thing i noticed is that it came with factory headers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.