Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, the mile counter on my '94 3.8 is not working, any idea on how to fix it? thank u!!!

Viva México!!:wavey

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Most likely the gear that causes the numbers to turn has broken you can take out the cluster and open it up and look, if thats the case go to a scrapyard and find one with an intact gear, buy the gear or whatever you gotta do to get the gear, take it home, swap them, it should work, however your odometer will be off by however many miles you drove while it was broke

·
Registered
98 Posts
There is a gear set that has a tendency to break from age and wear. Ironically mine broke yesterday.

I've heard of people ordering from this place, Odometer Gears - WELCOME. I'm sure there are other places to order from too. You may have luck in a junkyard, but they're probably getting close to breaking too.

You'll have to remove the instrument cluster, then remove the plastic face, remove each sections of gauges, then pull the broken gears out from the back from the center one. I've heard sometimes only one of the gears breaks, just have to pull it out to check to see.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
ordering new is probly a better option, as said above, i just mentioned junkyard cause for the short month i had my 95 5.0 that was one of the things me and my dad fixed, good luck wherever you find it(if thats the problem)

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
As far as i know there isnt, however if you can find something for a white face/reverse glow gauge insert setup that will tell u exactly how to remove the cluster, after that it should open after removal of the torx screws on the back, then you should be able to pull the peices apart and see the gear from there its just removal of the old and insertion of the new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts