Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!

Problem 1:
Since day 1 of the motor being in the car, I have had this cool thing where when i go WOT and i change gears, sometimes i get nice 1 foot+ flames from each exhaust pipe.

Problem 2:
My car is either missing or bogging out or something. I will be in gear, just keeping my speed steady, and then it will like hesitate for a second, and then be fine again. When I plug in the MSD 6AL, the problem gets SEVERELY worse. The car will die while at lights, and then sometimes it will bog and jerk violently as i try to get up to speed in traffic, and i will hear loud pops, etc. then, when i unplug the MSD, itll be fine again, and only hesitate every now and then.

Problem 3:
The only codes ive been able to read are 411 and 511. Those are ECA memory fault, and like RPM range too low to test or something. The ECA memory fault says the memory is read only, which is because of the SCT Super Chip being plugged in, and I know it because I called SCT.

Problem 4:
The check engine light will not come on when I am sitting at a light, but it will come on when I am driving and in traffic, but it still drives fine.

Problem 5:
I know there is a leak in the intake manifold because i can feel oil at the back of the lower manifold, and i can see coolant at the front of the manifold near the dist.

The car IS timed to base 10, and the chip can turn the timing up to 14*, which has no affect on the hesitation, and the flames come out of the back too.

At this point, I have replaced the plug wires with 9mm FRPP wires, and I have autolite 3924 plugs for the AFR heads, and I have an MSD cap and rotor kit. I lew thru an MSD coil, and am running a stock coil now. The MSD 6AL is not plugged in currently. At idle, I have 36psi of fuel pressure. I have an optima red top battery, and a 200 amp alternator all installed within the past 2 weeks. I am running out of ideas... HELP ME OUT PLEASEEEEE

The only thing I have been able to think of that is left and I havent replaced is the distributor pickup that I saw in a thread by JustinLX. Any other ideas????

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
by the way, i called ford racing, and checked a bunch of voltages and resistance, and the guy told me that they are all fine, i have good grounds, and that the MAF is still fine.

I do have a surging idle sometimes, but ive been told that is because of the C&L, and that a Professional Mass Air System (new Pro-M) would solve that.

Problem 6:
After driving around for a while, and then parking the car, and turning it off, if i come back to the car and start it up, it runs with severe jerking until i push a few times thru first and second at least. It almost seems like the TFI is overheating and causing it ... but the Ford Racing techs have told me that the TFI module shouldnt do that; it will either work or it wont, not partially work sometimes...

·
Registered
130 Posts
SOunds to me like your running really rich. You should take that intake off and fix the gasket also. Have you checked your vacuum reading to see if its way low? How do the plugs look? At first I thought it was a bad ground but you said that has all been checked...right?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the plugs are new, i just put them in yesterday. ford racing said to remove the chip and check the timing, but last time i checked the timing with the chip in, spout in, it was 10*; chip in, spout out, it was 10*; but with the spout in, the timing would actually advance.
what other grounds could I be missing? I have a wire from the battery to the block; then I have added 2 more from the battery to 1) the fender, and 2) the radiator support. from the block, i have one going to the alternator casing, and then to the other radiator support.
what else could i be missing? could the 02s be bad? i think thats part of it? i mean, what else could make the check engine light come on while under load, but not at idle?
i will go ahead and order gaskets and do the intake ... AGAIN ... :(

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if timing is my issue, which is what the ford tech guys seem to be getting at, then wouldnt unplugging the spout connector stop the chips (and the computer for that matter) ability to modify the timing throughout the curve?

does anyone else think it could be the 02s or distributor pickup?

what else could make my car run rich?

and no, i have not tested vac at idle

G

·
I don't know anything about your chip but the timing should be way higher than 10* with the spout connector in. Maybe the spout is broken or something else having to do with the computers ability to advance timing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maybe...
ill try unhooking the chip and see what the timing does...

but nobody has yet to touch on the baskfire and 1 foot of flames from each exhaust pipe in between shifts at WOT... but only SOMETIMES ... -_-

·
Registered
736 Posts
YoshiBluedevil said:
maybe...
ill try unhooking the chip and see what the timing does...

but nobody has yet to touch on the baskfire and 1 foot of flames from each exhaust pipe in between shifts at WOT... but only SOMETIMES ... -_-
If your timing is not advancing, that could very well be the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.