Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so here goes lol i have a 95 mustang bought used a month after i bought both heads blew at the same time... before anyone says BOTH yes both lol
That has been fixed..... i have had the car around a year and half now... since i have had it i have put brand new fuel injectors in new spark plugs brakes new muffler system.. some smallother things also as well tends to get exspensive :) i know have a transmission leak that first startied off small maybe the size of a quarter when sits all day and now leaks a good bit ... Any ideas what this might be????? maybe just a seal??? it doesn't skip or have trouble goig in gear and i make sure the transmission fluied is where should be so its not low.... if might be a seal how much think might cost to have replaced?????????????

Also how can you tell if your oxygen sensors ae bad?????? i bought 2 new ones becasue i go a good deal on them but hate to replace any of mine if they are still good....... i am asking because i can't get my car to pass emissions... i did have check engine light on until i replaced full injectors and it went off so technically what else could be making it not pass????? has anyone else had this problem or might could help?????????? Thank u :)

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
95mustang lover said:
ok so here goes lol i have a 95 mustang bought used a month after i bought both heads blew at the same time... before anyone says BOTH yes both lol
That has been fixed..... i have had the car around a year and half now... since i have had it i have put brand new fuel injectors in new spark plugs brakes new muffler system.. some smallother things also as well tends to get exspensive :) i know have a transmission leak that first startied off small maybe the size of a quarter when sits all day and now leaks a good bit ... Any ideas what this might be????? maybe just a seal??? it doesn't skip or have trouble goig in gear and i make sure the transmission fluied is where should be so its not low.... if might be a seal how much think might cost to have replaced?????????????

Also how can you tell if your oxygen sensors ae bad?????? i bought 2 new ones becasue i go a good deal on them but hate to replace any of mine if they are still good....... i am asking because i can't get my car to pass emissions... i did have check engine light on until i replaced full injectors and it went off so technically what else could be making it not pass????? has anyone else had this problem or might could help?????????? Thank u :)
It's probably a rear seal.

How many miles on the car?

Have you been using synthetic?

You might be getting some blow by, or your substrate's gone in your cats. For the blow-by, throw in a can of Restore . . .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 15600 miles on car and haven't been using synthetic should i be???? i can get the can of stuff your talking about at any autoparts store???????

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
95mustang lover said:
I have 15600 miles on car and haven't been using synthetic should i be???? i can get the can of stuff your talking about at any autoparts store???????

yeah, at a minimum you should have used the motorcraft sythetic blend.

That's why car's engines last so much longer now -it's almost 100% due to synthetic fluids . . .

Restore has been available at everyplace I've seen, including WalMart . . .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i get fluids checked and done they use synthetic right????? caus eif so then i would say probably have used that then.. i try to be really careful about what i use or put in or one my car and i also only use the highoctane gas as well

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
95mustang lover said:
if i get fluids checked and done they use synthetic right????? caus eif so then i would say probably have used that then.. i try to be really careful about what i use or put in or one my car and i also only use the highoctane gas as well
Where did you take it for service?

The octane doesn't matter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.