Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i built plenty of old amc v8s but need advice on what to do with my wifes 95 she is a keep it looking stock girl she wants to go n/a if at all possible she wants it to be streetable but still spank all the chevys and imports around as of now it just has minor bolt on's such as under drive pullesy, headers, off road h pipe, msd ignition, cold air intake. am looking to do a complete rebuild want it to be relyable but one nasty motor any suggestions on pistons, valve train, cam, intake, and heads,and anything else please help me hear i would liek to get as close to the magic 440 as possible

·
Registered
398 Posts
set it up as a 347........afr 185 heads, an e cam and a 100 shot of nitrous............that will get you very close to your goal.....

·
Registered
736 Posts
I would say a nice 331/347 forged rotating assembly, afr 185 heads, Ed Curtis custom cam, and matching intake. You'll definitely need a custom tune to help the computer cope with the new mods, so don't forget to add that to the bill.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i think building a NA 440rwhp motor is going to be tough if you want to keep it streetable if you add a supercharger to the mix you would be able to keep the rpm's down and the cam smaller and therefore a streetable package

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree somewhat with teal, but it can be done. Just remember a high HP N/A motor will have bad street manners. It just depends on what your girl is willing to put up with and what you consider "streetable." As for my choices, go with a good set of aluminum heads, a dual pattern camshaft with more exhaust duration and lift in the .520-.530 range, and a quality intake like trick flow or bbk. You will need a large throttle body and MAF (as well as a custom tune as mentioned above). Stroking is definitely the way to go as well. You may consider doing a turbo set up. That way you can do a mild build up (or even a stock rebuild) and still lay down the power you are looking for. It would be about the same price when it is all said and done, maybe slightly more depending on the system you chose. Check out hellion systems, they are pretty reasonable and put down good power. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.