Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

1995 GT auto, I was wondering what i might have gained on the stock 215hp, Powerflow offroad 2.25" X-pipe and K&N filter? Engine is stock otherwise, timing slightly advanced

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Not enough to really notice...

Sorry...but I thinks it is true...

While the x-pipe is a good mod (as the mid pipe is one of the more restrictive parts of the stock exhaust), you will really only notice the difference from it when you also increase the ability of the engine to suck air in...and that means heads and intake...

K&N filter...meh...

I would guess 12 hp...if you must have a number...but, its just a guess and does not mean much one way or another to be honest...

If you really want to build the car and are going to keep the AODE, the tranny and rear end are the place to start, IMHO...but I digress...

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
1995 GT auto, I was wondering what i might have gained on the stock 215hp, Powerflow offroad 2.25" X-pipe and K&N filter? Engine is stock otherwise, timing slightly advanced
Maybe 20 crank hp or 15rwhp. You've barely scratched the surface.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ alleymad95GT
lol. are the intakes on the 95 V8s also single ports? I have recently become a GT owner, before i had the 95 3.8. Must say i really love the difference, considering it has more or less the same upgrades i had on the 6. yup i plan on keeping the tranny as it was recently serviced and shifts beautifully. the car only has 60,000 miles. used to belong to my dad but he can't really drive it much anymore so i am in the process of taking ownership. i plan on keeping it as stock as possible until somewhere down the line where i will upgrade components when some major engine work needs doing. still getting used to the power difference. had timing advanced to 2 degrees, good fun being able to play around with it, compared to the 6 of course.
Thanks for the info

@ Smurf stang
:bigthumbsup

@Bullitt95
cool thanks! yeah there's so much more, but for now she's awesome and in good condition :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts