Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help i have a 1995 Mustang V6 and its popping and spitting and backfiring occationally. Ive already changed the following: spark plugs, spark plug wires, crankshaft position sensor, camshaft position sensor, coil, EGR valve, EGR vacuum solenioid, and the fuel filter. Im losing hope on this car and really need help.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
have you ever overheated or come close to overheating that engine?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i have never even been close to over heating that engine i do believe but the person before me could have but i bought it about a year ago.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
oh, biggest question that needs to be asked.. is the check engine light on? if so, what codes come up when scanned?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the engine light didnt come on but i went to go get it checked anyway. one was a misfire, EGR No Flow Detected, EGR Vacuum Regulator circuit malfunction, Lack of HO2S-21 Switch, had another one about the EGR but the person i got the codes from said it was the same thing as the one before this, Lack of Downstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 2. And i had one about the camshaft sensor but i already replaced it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts