Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I obtained a v6 95 Mustang in a trade so I have very little money involved. ( I traded some stuff I no longer needed / used, and cleared up space in my shop which made my wife happy :bigthumbsup ).

My question is, should I restore this Mustang or just part it out/sell it and save my money for one that runs...But I don't know if the motor/trans is good as it sat for at least a year. They told me it ran when they parked it.....My gut tells me to do the minimum to see if it runs and go from there, if the motor/trans is good I would feel better about the rest. Im afraid to invest a lot when I could find a 95 in working condition for about the same this pony might cost....Im thinking about just patching the wiring and firing it up to test...How much would a used harness go for ? Should I just look around the junk yards for one ? Thanks for any input.

Here is a list of things I know will need fixing.

1. front bumper cover.
  2. bracket that holds the headlights (forgot what its called)
  3. radiator
  4. radiator cradle (either straighting out or replaced
  5. wiring harness in the engine compartment ( parked by a wallnut tree & the squirrels couldn't resist a new tasty treat...:scared
  6. realigning fenders & hood
  7. the paint is overall pretty good but will need some touching up later but that could wait...
  8. tires

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think you are in the wrong place. I would say fix fix fix. I am a fox body guy myself so... I am restoring/modifying/customizing my 1991 convertible; check out my site. Are you doing the work yourself? From your list I would say that the radiator and the tires would be the most expensive fixes. Depending on the tires, of course. However, that is to say that the engine and the transmission are sound. The wiring harness doesn't count. You have to buy one of those. Without it, no car no run. It should be too expensive, though. Maybe less than 100 bones. Try a junk yard or a pick n pull if you have one close. Endstate,if the engine and transmission are good, I say go for it!

·
Registered
266 Posts
It'll be a lot of fun to fix up. Just it's up to you if you want to spend the money on fixing it up.

·
Registered
586 Posts
id say keep it on fix it up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a "parts car" that is also a 95 v6, but its a 5 speed. The body has some nicks, dings, and will need painting along with some rough spots in the interior...But it runs, now Im trying to decide which will be the "parts car", lol...How hard would it be to pull the interior outta of the blue one which has power seats & windows and intall it in the red one ? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
the mounting bracket for the headlights is called a Header Panel. you can get one off of eBay for around $20. Mine was busted and I think I paid 18 with free shipping

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was just wondering how hard it would be to upgrade to power windows & power driver seat, one of the cars has it and the other does not, are the wires already there and just need to be connected or would I have to run new wires, thanks...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.