Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a little problem here. My stang is bone stock, and it always has been hard to start after it is warm. But now its almost impossible to start warm. What I had to do before was floor it and then it would start. Now I floor it, it starts then dies or bogs and blows white and black smoke. It now takes about 5 minutes of the flooding, reving the sh*t out of it, and dropping the clutch to get it moving. If the car is cold, no problem, starts right up.

A strong smell of fuel is present and the wierd thing is after about 10 miles it just vanishes and drives normal. I have noticed on the last couple of runs it now it either hesitates and then goes, or burps and sputters if I try to accel on the road. That too goes away after time.

Since its intermediate, meaning it stops after a while, I am thinking its something like a sensor that is getting dirty or what not. I already cleaned the MAF and AIT sensors. Anyone got anything? At all?

·
Registered
398 Posts
have you changed out your fuel pressure regulator?.....you may want to have a look at changing that out.......just my guess....

hotwheels of insanemustangs.com

·
Registered
353 Posts
Alex Dring said:
blows white and black smoke
Does that mean alternating white & black, or all at once, like gray? Makes a difference. White could indicate moisture or oil, black unspent or ill burning fuel.

Are all cylinder injectors functioning properly? Could have a faulty injector.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a way I can rebuild or clean the injectors until I have enough money to get new ones?

·
Registered
1 Posts
1994 5.0l Gt

Hi I have a 94 Mustang GT lately it has been turning on and off the check engine light. After driving for a while the car stalls, it starts shaking and revs go down so I have to floor it for it to go a bit further but finally it looses all the power and dies on me. I wait for about 15 to 30 min start it up and go for a few miles and again it starts doing it. While the car is cold its fine I have noticed this happens when the car is driven for a while or is on for a long time. Can anyone help me out please?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Makostrike-
There seems to be a lot of people who are having some sort of problems like yours and mine. Just to help you some of the problems that I remember people finding that cured it was fuel pressure regulators, ingition modules, ingition components, Mass Air Sensor, Air Intake Temp Sensor and Throttle Position Sensor.

If I were you I would systematically start checking these things, clean the ones you can and test the ones you cant. I know with my car it was never attended to in service so all my sensors were just freaking horrible. Although it didnt cure my problems, but I did notice a huge difference. Something to think about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.