Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi....I was wondering if anyone has dealt with this engine..and if you have is there any reason to keep the stock heads? are they good heads to port and polish and change out springs and cam or should I just put in new heads...it would sure save me allot of money to keep them...also does anyone know if you can put older than 96 model heads..like cobra...in, with four valves...I want four instead of two for the obviuose reasons but don't know if it will work or now...thanks for your input

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
put newer PI heads on it they will tremendously !!

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Yeah just do the PI heads and intake from the 99-04 gt, you will notice a nice difference. Not too sure what that might cost, but just doin that would be like a 50-60hp gain.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
yeah my buddy is doing head/cam swap and is looking at lke 50hp

G

·
there is nothing wrong wth non-PI heads, you can save alot of money and just do a PI intake and cams swap
now if you want to spend the extra cash, you can have your heads ported and make some good power...Jason Steen @ Steen Racing has made some pretty nice #'s wth the Non-Pi heads, even out flowing some PI's....to-do a DOHC head would cost to much, you'd be better off swapping a complete DOHC engine...

·
Registered
13 Posts
mmm

you can go for the pi heads and intake but if you decide to keep the non-pi yuo can put the pi intake buy some nice camss a good port job some three angle valves and the only thing you need to envy a pi engine whith the same mods is only abou 10-20 hp i rather go for the non pi they are cheaper on a complete build. if u are not going for a full head build go for pi's. u can also just add the pi intake and u will se about 20-30 hp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.