Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know the color of '96 Cobra brake calipers. Cleaned mine up and they look pretty good, but would like to repaint. Need some hi temp paint.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Yeah the color of the 96.97.98.99 and 01 Cobra Caliper is RUST, haha! You gotta paint em yourself! I chose Chevy (I know Blastphemous) High temp Red engine paint when I did mine (they have it at Walmart Auto section)!
When you compare it to Fords red(too orangey) you'll see why I picked that color, nice deep glossy red!
I sprayed the paint on a piece of cardboard then applied it with a small model brush for smoothness. FYI MAKE SURE you DON'T paint the area inside where the pads engage and disengage the rotor, it'll make them stick and that's NOT GOOD, haha!

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Damm I'm a DumbAss! I retract my first statement about the paint type, just checked my garage, I used the FORD Red DE1605 Dupli-Color 500 degree engine enamel, the CHEVY was too orange! Fords is deep gloss red!:headscratch::gringreen

·
Registered
48 Posts
The calipers on my cobra are bright red, but didn't all the cobra models come with dark charcoal powdercoat????? Anyways you can buy caliper painting kits from autozone or any similar parts store that come with cleaner, paint, brush, etc..... I was thinking about getting mine powdered white since i have black wheels. Be really hard to keep clean tho lol!

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Damm I'm a DumbAss! I retract my first statement about the paint type, just checked my garage, I used the FORD Red DE1605 Dupli-Color 500 degree engine enamel, the CHEVY was too orange! Fords is deep gloss red!:headscratch::gringreen
+1 that's what I used. Then used a white paint pen to color in the Cobra letters. Looks sweet.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Where do I get that white paint pen? I just did mine all red..

·
Registered
874 Posts
Check out G2. They have caliper paint that you have to mix 2 cans into one. Once you do that, you paint it on with a brush. Don't worry it leaves no brush marks. You do 2-3 coats, and let it sit for 24 hours. Once done, that paint looks more like they were powder coated the finish is so good. G2 also has about any color you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.